Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,628 Members 39,680 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] flashed tot now no efs!!!

Tip us?

pitbull8265
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Default [q] flashed tot now no efs!!!

I have the efs info saved to my pc from a previous backup, but cant get it into the phone.. Anyone with some info on how to maybe sideload it via adb sideload in stock recovery???

baublitz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
This is my last ditch effort. Small back story: I somehow wiped EVERYTHING on my G2. EFS partition, ESN, data, SIM info., everything with dialer codes. All of my network information reads "unknown". I tried many methods from here on the forums to get this data back and it turns out I have lost my EFS partition- DNA for the network? I sent it to LG to get it fixed, having done a hard reset and leaving no trace of root. They sent it back without even asking and did no repairs. The note said "board bent". WTF?? How does the user bend the main board, especially when I never opened it? They voided my warranty and ripped off my IMEI/MEID sticker from the back of the phone.

Anyways, I am here with a brick. No network still. Here is what I have done:

1) .tot method to ZVC. Several more times... once to ZV7 where I lost touch capability. Luckily saved my arse with a micro->usb cable and a mouse.

2) attempted to root with ioroot25. Failed because the phone WILL NOT find recovery mode. adb, voldown+pwr then again from power off, and apps are unable to force the phone into recovery mode. I assume it is possible that my recovery mode is deleted?

3) Would have tried all of these "rewrite your efs/imei/etc" things but I can't do any without root. Can't root without recovery, can I?

4) Spent the last two weeks scouring the internet for a fix and going back to my Epic 4G temporarily.

Please help me, has anyone seen this before? Can anyone help me fix it? I am to the point where I would pay to have it fixed. Any experts out there? XDA has yet to let me down... I just need to know if I can fix it or if it is a brick so I can go searching for an old Sprint GS3.

Thanks all,

baublitz

secret.animal
Old
Thanks Meter 445
That is strange, no recovery ?
So phone completely off, power and volume up doesn't put you into stock recovery?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to secret.animal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

James7Bond007
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by baublitz View Post
This is my last ditch effort. Small back story:...

Please help me, has anyone seen this before? Can anyone help me fix it? I am to the point where I would pay to have it fixed. Any experts out there? XDA has yet to let me down... I just need to know if I can fix it or if it is a brick so I can go searching for an old Sprint GS3.
Have you tried the recovery method detailed in this thread? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142

Assuming you can get the file system partitions outlined in this thread to appear on a Linux PC, you should be able to write the partition images here http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime...zvc_partitions and recover your phone (particularly if you have an EFS backup).

baublitz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by James7Bond007 View Post
Have you tried the recovery method detailed in this thread? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142

Assuming you can get the file system partitions outlined in this thread to appear on a Linux PC, you should be able to write the partition images here http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime...zvc_partitions and recover your phone (particularly if you have an EFS backup).
I will try it out and update you. Did not try it since the 1st condition of the post said that your phone ought to be rooted, which I am not.

James7Bond007
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by baublitz View Post
I will try it out and update you. Did not try it since the 1st condition of the post said that your phone ought to be rooted, which I am not.
Rooting doesn't matter for purposes of that recovery method; the reason it is mentioned is because rooting can cause you to get into the soft-bricked situation if you happen to take an over-the-air (OTA) update while you're rooted.