Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Safestrap and Restoring Stock ROM

Tip us?

Twisked
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23 View Post
One more thing, more of a "heads up". During the restore if your screen turns off and pressing Power or Home doesn't turn it on just leave it and when the restore is done it will turn on or just reboot on it's own. Restores can take 5 minutes or more depending on how big of a backup file you have.
Thought you might like to know, my meeting for tomorrow was cancelled so I went ahead and tried the restoration. ...worked FLAWLESSLY!! Whew!!

So my phone is back, everything is running PERFECTLY.

Which brings me to a new question (hopefully you might know). I'm on 4.3 and do not want to get the OTA update for 4.4 from Verizon. It will download automatically (640 MBs or so), and a notification will appear that can't be swiped away.

Is there something in Titanium Backup that I can freeze to prevent the OTA update? To stop that non-swipable notification from appearing?

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisked View Post
Thought you might like to know, my meeting for tomorrow was cancelled so I went ahead and tried the restoration. ...worked FLAWLESSLY!! Whew!!

So my phone is back, everything is running PERFECTLY.

Which brings me to a new question (hopefully you might know). I'm on 4.3 and do not want to get the OTA update for 4.4 from Verizon. It will download automatically (640 MBs or so), and a notification will appear that can't be swiped away.

Is there something in Titanium Backup that I can freeze to prevent the OTA update? To stop that non-swipable notification from appearing?
Yes, you can follow THIS guide to remove the notification and prevent further OTA updates from showing up.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"