Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,042 Members 42,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Converted my wife to a G2

Tip us?

buenarc
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
Todays XDA crowd thinks "bricked" means "it doesn't work exactly like it did previously".
thank you for the information.

player911
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 902

DONATE TO ME
Yea I would recommend Root just to change the DPI to 400, convert the Softkeys to be Android Standard (with recents), and run Xposed just to clean up and hide all of the crazy statusbar icons that are shown.

I also really like Immersive Mode and Battery% Mod.

Of course AdBlock is great.

I use Nova Launcher to then Hide all of the weird app icons that she won't need. And set Double Tap to turn Screen Off so it's similar to Stock Launcher.
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!

Maidenx
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911 View Post
I use Nova Launcher to then Hide all of the weird app icons that she won't need. And set Double Tap to turn Screen Off so it's similar to Stock Launcher.
How do I set Double Tap to screen off in Nova?

Fastbird
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Yea I would recommend Root just to change the DPI to 400, convert the Softkeys to be Android Standard (with recents), and run Xposed just to clean up and hide all of the crazy statusbar icons that are shown.

This is pretty much exactly my plan as she apparently likes my phone and how it's set. I'm just using Apex instead of Nova. But yeah, AdAway, Xposed, Softkey changes, debloating........she won't be messing with it but it'll be easier to work with if she wants me to do something to it.
Motorola Droid ---> HTC Rezound ---> LG G2

xlr8me
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:

Be careful with setting dpi to 400.
On my first phone rooted I used an app to change lcd density to 380 and device was stuck in boot loop with LG g2 screen going no further than this. Had to learn how to flash back to stock rom which was a nightmare as my rom don't exist on these forums or elsewhere.
As a result I won't change the dpi on this new device as am too traumatised from previous time.

Moral of story - new phones do not behave as old android phones when doing root build prop changes. You have been warned.
1x LG G2 D802T 16GB White 36591 Antutu 4 score (jelly bean stock rom - rooted/shows unrooted in download mode )
1x LG Optimus G E975
1x Goophone I5 n2
1x Thunderbird 4s
2xHTC Touch HD2 T8585(Taiwan/China)
1xSamsung Galaxy S I-9000(Korea)

jeckyhauhnar
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Sent from my LG-D802

khaytsus
Old
Thanks Meter 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8me View Post
Be careful with setting dpi to 400.
On my first phone rooted I used an app to change lcd density to 380 and device was stuck in boot loop with LG g2 screen going no further than this. Had to learn how to flash back to stock rom which was a nightmare as my rom don't exist on these forums or elsewhere.
As a result I won't change the dpi on this new device as am too traumatised from previous time.

Moral of story - new phones do not behave as old android phones when doing root build prop changes. You have been warned.
What you actually should have gotten out of that experience was.. Nandroid before modifying the device. And that you could have always booted into recovery and used adb to fix your mistake.

Flashing back to stock? Nope.
AT&T LG G2 - 4.4.4, AOKP
Nexus 7 Wifi 2012 - 4.4.4, AOKP (m-kernel)
Samsung Note i717 - 4.2.2, Unofficial AOKP
Try my Alternative XDA CSS Themes (including 2010!)

--
http://theblackmoor.net
http://unlimitedphoto.com