Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,749 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony matches GPE price, drops C6806 to $450 shipped

Tip us?

warfareonly
Old
Thanks Meter 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in Maryland View Post
No, because I'm keeping it in its box until I receive my glass screen protector and install it over Sony's plastic film!

I did take it out of the box to fondle and compare to the $15 Z Ultra dummy that I'd been carrying around to get a feel for the size and weight. Guess what? Both Z Ultras (1 real, 1 dummy) fit in my the pocket of my dress shirt!
Stand straight. Bend at the waist and try to touch your toes with your fingers. Pick up both (1 real, 1 dummy) from the floor [emoji12][emoji13]

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk

darocsfinest1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in Maryland View Post
Good news for North American buyers. Sony's web store now sells the C6806, new and unlocked, for $449.95 with free ground shipping. Black, white, purple—all colors can be bought for this price.

With the C6833 available from Asia for that price or less, there's no longer a reason to spend more than $450 on the LTE Z Ultra of your choice.
dont forget to sign up for student discounts, i got an extra 10% off for giving my high schools address. a quick $50 off.
Tmobile White Galaxy Note 2
MyRom 4.1.1 v2.1/ Bullet v1.9.12b
64GB Micro SD Card
Favorite App: APN Backup and Restore
The Following User Says Thank You to darocsfinest1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

speculatrix
Old
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
is there definitely going to be a Z Ultra2 (or Z2 Ultra?).

I get the impression our slab hasn't been a huge seller for Sony, so maybe they'll just carry on with this model and just discount it?
Newest to oldest...
Android phones: Xperia Z Ultra, Galaxy Note 2 N7105, HTC Doubleshot, HTC Vision.
Previous phones: Nokia E71, E65, 6310i, 2110.
Previous PDAs: Sharp Zaurus C3100, Zaurus 6000L, Zaurus C860, Palm T3, Sony Clie N770, Handspring Visor.
Mobile operator: Three (latest), Vodafone, Three, O2, Orange (oldest).

/___ if I helped you, please click thanks to encourage me

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5648
Quote:
Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
is there definitely going to be a Z Ultra2 (or Z2 Ultra?).

I get the impression our slab hasn't been a huge seller for Sony, so maybe they'll just carry on with this model and just discount it?
We have no idea, and we have no idea how many Ultras they've sold, but i have a feeling that they've sold quite a few in Asia, and then a little less in Europe and then some GPe's in the US and some C6806 in Canada, but i haven't seen any numbers. Will there be a Ultra 2? Probably. We'll have to wait till around June/July.

asadkhanduhh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by darocsfinest1 View Post
dont forget to sign up for student discounts, i got an extra 10% off for giving my high schools address. a quick $50 off.
hey there,

where can we get the 10% off?

thanks in advance.

darocsfinest1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Go to the student discount tab on the top of the web paige. Its the student store tab at store.sony.com

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Tmobile White Galaxy Note 2
MyRom 4.1.1 v2.1/ Bullet v1.9.12b
64GB Micro SD Card
Favorite App: APN Backup and Restore