FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

[Q] Exchanging unlocked (bootloader) GPE device... Anything I need to do?

79 posts
Thanks Meter: 12
 
By evinkay, Member on 18th May 2014, 07:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm exchanging my GPE LG G Pad because of some screen light bleeding (I hear this isn't uncommon with LG displays) Thing is, my bootloader is unlocked and my device is rooted...Is there anything I should do before sending it back? If so, I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks XDA!
 
 
18th May 2014, 08:21 PM |#2  
cam30era's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Columbus, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 1,253
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evinkay

I'm exchanging my GPE LG G Pad because of some screen light bleeding (I hear this isn't uncommon with LG displays) Thing is, my bootloader is unlocked and my device is rooted...Is there anything I should do before sending it back? If so, I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks XDA!

If it is a warranty replacement from LG, and you have a custom recovery, I would start by flashing the stock recovery.img via fastboot. Then I would unroot it (unroot option in SuperSU app). And finally I would relock the bootloader.
18th May 2014, 10:31 PM |#3  
evinkay's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era

If it is a warranty replacement from LG, and you have a custom recovery, I would start by flashing the stock recovery.img via fastboot. Then I would unroot it (unroot option in SuperSU app). And finally I would relock the bootloader.

Thanks for the advice. I should be able to flash the stock recovery and unroot it but how would I reload the bootloader?

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk
18th May 2014, 10:33 PM |#4  
cam30era's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Columbus, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 1,253
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evinkay

Thanks for the advice. I should be able to flash the stock recovery and unroot it but how would I reload the bootloader?

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Terminal command: "fastboot oem lock"
Last edited by cam30era; 19th May 2014 at 01:26 AM.
19th May 2014, 01:05 AM |#5  
cam30era's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Columbus, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 1,253
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evinkay

Thanks for the advice. I should be able to flash the stock recovery and unroot it but how would I reload the bootloader?

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Let us know how this all works out.
20th May 2014, 02:16 PM |#6  
evinkay's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Will definitely try this today or tomorrow. First need to find the stock recovery

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk
20th May 2014, 08:23 PM |#7  
cam30era's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Columbus, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 1,253
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evinkay

Will definitely try this today or tomorrow. First need to find the stock recovery

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Here (17-recovery.img) > http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime..._16_partitions

That's from autoprime's thread > http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2564149

Be sure to thank him.
23rd May 2014, 03:38 AM |#8  
evinkay's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
So I ended up just using the flashify app (awesome app btw) to flash the recovery and adb command to lock the bootloader. Afterwards I just unrooted it in SuperSU. All in all, super easy.
The Following User Says Thank You to evinkay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
return google exchange
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes