OP ElfinJNoty

23rd May 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag St. George, UT
Thanks Meter: 473

1,136 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had a friend of a friend ask me to help fix his phone(always booted in safe mode)
I talked him into letting me root and install a aosp based ROM on his T-Mobile sgh-t989 running on a family talk sim. I was unaware at start that he had a broken volume down button.

The broken button works occasionally, I took the phone apart and there is no damage to anything that I can tell. This not able to use volume down made recoveries and download mode difficult to get into/navigate through. (USB jig at its best!)

Anyways, stock based ROMs won't boot after Odin flash... Cool. Wanted a custom aosp ROM anyways. But the thing still boots in safe mode. I've searched all over the web for a solution. Non of the suggestions I've found work, and I believe the volume down button to be the culprit.

Is there a code level way of disabling the phone from booting in safe mode? Safe mode only runs system apps, so anything from Google play store or sideloaded apps don't show in his app drawer. I have to place apps into /system for them to be accessible for typical use. This is obviously not ideal.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread