[Q] Kernel flasing failed and mobile not rebooting

20th May 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
More
HI all,
I was trying to flash CM11 legacy xperia kernel on my neo v(already on KK).the flash operation failed.And now when i try to reboot the mobile,it gives just a vibration and then nothing appears on the screen.How can i revive my Neo V again back to action.Please suggest!!!
21st May 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mangalore
Thanks Meter: 942

1,564 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheer60

HI all,
I was trying to flash CM11 legacy xperia kernel on my neo v(already on KK).the flash operation failed.And now when i try to reboot the mobile,it gives just a vibration and then nothing appears on the screen.How can i revive my Neo V again back to action.Please suggest!!!

What kernel? What do u mean by failed?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk 2
21st May 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #3  
Flag bandung
Thanks Meter: 3

71 posts
More
Quote:

HI all,

Try ro flash another kernel that support your device,,, its anywhere just search

Sent from my SM-T311 using XDA Free mobile app
21st May 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Chennai

32 posts
More
Hi,
The kernel i was trying to flash was Legacy xperial kernel provided at the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=2664377. When i flashed the kernel,it gave an error message saying that "Too many bad blocks encountered" and flash failed.and then after that i cant reboot to recovery or reboot the mobile..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attitude.SSJ

What kernel? What do u mean by failed?

Last edited by sudheer60; 21st May 2014 at 06:18 AM. Reason: url changes
21st May 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Chennai

32 posts
More
Hi,
I am not able to reboot the mobile into recovery mode.it just gives a vibraton when trying to switch on the mobile and then nothing appeas on the screen.And added to that ,my mobile battery has dranied down completely and even if i try connedting it to a pc via USB it's not detecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikhsaricky

Try ro flash another kernel that support your device,,, its anywhere just search

Sent from my SM-T311 using XDA Free mobile app

21st May 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #6  
Flag SAMARINDA
Thanks Meter: 4

46 posts
More
Info
Quote:

Hi,
I am not able to reboot the mobile into recovery mode.it just gives a vibraton when trying to switch on the mobile and then nothing appeas on the screen.And added to that ,my mobile battery has dranied down completely and even if i try connedting it to a pc via USB it's not detecting.

ur phone soft brick bro.
can u enter flash mode? when phone off press back button and then attach usb cable, if the led turn green u can flash stock ics firmware with flashtool.
The Following User Says Thank You to wolvgank For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mangalore

1,564 posts
More
Bad blocks would mean device is faulty... You can't flash kernel but you can flash stock ftf using flashtool...

21st May 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Chennai

32 posts
More
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.Which ftf should i flash now.Can you point me to the source?And what should i do after flashing.Does the mobile reside in ROOTED state after flashing the ftf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attitude.SSJ

Bad blocks would mean device is faulty... You can't flash kernel but you can flash stock ftf using flashtool...

21st May 2014, 12:00 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mangalore

1,564 posts
More
Quote:

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.Which ftf should i flash now.Can you point me to the source?And what should i do after flashing.Does the mobile reside in ROOTED state after flashing the ftf.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Androi...nd/td-p/154389
Phone will be back to stock rom... It will be like a new mobile...it wont be rooted...you ll need to start over...

23rd May 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #10  
Flag bandung
Thanks Meter: 3

71 posts
More
:D
Quote:

Hi,

yep, its not rooted, but you can root again

sorry. im didnot realize what your phone before..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread