Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kernel flasing failed and mobile not rebooting

Tip us?

sudheer60
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Kernel flasing failed and mobile not rebooting

HI all,
I was trying to flash CM11 legacy xperia kernel on my neo v(already on KK).the flash operation failed.And now when i try to reboot the mobile,it gives just a vibration and then nothing appears on the screen.How can i revive my Neo V again back to action.Please suggest!!!

Attitude.SSJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheer60 View Post
HI all,
I was trying to flash CM11 legacy xperia kernel on my neo v(already on KK).the flash operation failed.And now when i try to reboot the mobile,it gives just a vibration and then nothing appears on the screen.How can i revive my Neo V again back to action.Please suggest!!!
What kernel? What do u mean by failed?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk 2

ikhsaricky
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
HI all,

Try ro flash another kernel that support your device,,, its anywhere just search

Sent from my SM-T311 using XDA Free mobile app

sudheer60
Old
(Last edited by sudheer60; 21st May 2014 at 06:18 AM.) Reason: url changes
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hi,
The kernel i was trying to flash was Legacy xperial kernel provided at the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=2664377. When i flashed the kernel,it gave an error message saying that "Too many bad blocks encountered" and flash failed.and then after that i cant reboot to recovery or reboot the mobile..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attitude.SSJ View Post
What kernel? What do u mean by failed?

sudheer60
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hi,
I am not able to reboot the mobile into recovery mode.it just gives a vibraton when trying to switch on the mobile and then nothing appeas on the screen.And added to that ,my mobile battery has dranied down completely and even if i try connedting it to a pc via USB it's not detecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikhsaricky View Post
Try ro flash another kernel that support your device,,, its anywhere just search

Sent from my SM-T311 using XDA Free mobile app

wolvgank
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Hi,
I am not able to reboot the mobile into recovery mode.it just gives a vibraton when trying to switch on the mobile and then nothing appeas on the screen.And added to that ,my mobile battery has dranied down completely and even if i try connedting it to a pc via USB it's not detecting.
ur phone soft brick bro.
can u enter flash mode? when phone off press back button and then attach usb cable, if the led turn green u can flash stock ics firmware with flashtool.
The Following User Says Thank You to wolvgank For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Attitude.SSJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 942
Bad blocks would mean device is faulty... You can't flash kernel but you can flash stock ftf using flashtool...

sudheer60
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.Which ftf should i flash now.Can you point me to the source?And what should i do after flashing.Does the mobile reside in ROOTED state after flashing the ftf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attitude.SSJ View Post
Bad blocks would mean device is faulty... You can't flash kernel but you can flash stock ftf using flashtool...

Attitude.SSJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 942
Quote:
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.Which ftf should i flash now.Can you point me to the source?And what should i do after flashing.Does the mobile reside in ROOTED state after flashing the ftf.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Androi...nd/td-p/154389
Phone will be back to stock rom... It will be like a new mobile...it wont be rooted...you ll need to start over...

ikhsaricky
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default :D

Quote:
Hi,
yep, its not rooted, but you can root again

sorry. im didnot realize what your phone before..