Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flash AT&T Modem on G900T?

Tip us?

MattMJB0188
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by daraj View Post
Having an AT&T modem on the Tmobile variant will make the device better handle connecting to LTE/HSPA networks and the phone will switch between frequencies them more efficiently. Now, I don't know if that's possible without bricking the phone.
I think some guy did it with the Note 3. But thing is, the AT&T modem on the S5 has not been extracted.

daraj
Old
Thanks Meter 155

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
I think some guy did it with the Note 3. But thing is, the AT&T modem on the S5 has not been extracted.
Extracting the AT&T modem is not a problem I can get it quickly using the stock firmware file. But, still i think it will brick your tmobile s5.

MattMJB0188
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by daraj View Post
Extracting the AT&T modem is not a problem I can get it quickly using the stock firmware file. But, still i think it will brick your tmobile s5.
How so? Would it be the same as flashing a T-Mobile modem?

SeaFractor
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimc84 View Post
I am comparing my signal with the T-Mobile S5 from what I experienced on the AT&T S5. While signal difference in good reception areas is not noticeable, signal in lower reception areas is much weaker. The AT&T S5 would send texts messages almost 95% of the time at my work. With the T-Mobile S5, I am getting about a 10% success rate on text messages being sent.
There's your answer right there. T-Mobile released a patch today to deal with poor SMS/MMS or texting issues. Doubt it has anything to do with signal.

Flash the latest T-Mobile update and then see it perform as you'd expect.
Current: Samsung Galaxy S5, 16GB with stock ROM
Former iPhone 4 owner on ATT. Switched the week my contract was up to T-Mobile. w00t!
Former Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-T999, 16GB and 32GB miniSD card, T-mobile with stock ROM
Tablet(s): Google Nexus 10, 32GB with stock ROM, Google Nexus 7, 8GB with stock ROM