Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,495 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 2 GPE HTC Ones. One with no OS, other fails oem unlock, Both have a Sticky S-ON

Tip us?

K3TMAN
Old
(Last edited by K3TMAN; 22nd May 2014 at 11:49 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] 2 GPE HTC Ones. One with no OS, other fails oem unlock, Both have a Sticky S-ON

So this saga started with me in a hurry I was trying to return a phone back to stock (had TWRP and wasn't accepting OTAs it was a favor to a friend who was returning it for a camera problem repair). There wasn't enough space to flash the ROM. I had TWRP 2.6 I chose to wipe. In a flurry of stupid activity I chose to wipe the system along with the cache and dalvik cache clearing anything that might have been in my way and, Boom! no OS. I new what I did. I shouldn't have let my 15 minute time crunch screw me up.

Unfortunately the device (GPE edition, truly) has S-ON and has an hboot of 1.54. So I see no way to achieve S-Off and I've been failing on any attempt to flash an RUU. tried this both with TWRP recovery 2.6.3.3 and with stock recovery installed. When I had stock recovery my fail was:

FAILED (remote: 24 parsing android-info fail)

I feel like I've tried every permutation of GPE ROM.
My FUBAR HTC One has a CID GOOGL001 and MID PN0712000. getvar all reports:

(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.18.3263.15
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: GOOGL001

The bootloader locks and unlocks at will via oem unlock/lock.
___

I had this bright Idea that I could do a NANDroid backup if I installed the TWRP on another GPE HTC One M7 I had access to, but it has 4.4.2 and in bootloader,

Code:
fastboot oem unlock
gave me something many people have been dealing with, the Google Edition with the famously unlockable bootloader fails on unlock:

(bootloader) [PG_ERROR] htc_pg_part_traverse(839):
(bootloader) invalid traverse range
(bootloader) [PG_ERROR] htc_pg_part_read(1029):
(bootloader) htc_pg_part_traverse failed
(bootloader) [DISPLAY_ERR] sp_custom partition: unlock_disp_buf.img_buf r
(bootloader) ead error!
(bootloader) [DISPLAY_ERR] Can not load custom splash!
(bootloader) Loading custom splash failed!

I followed each thread I could find on this subject and they all seem to die out with comments that there is no solution to this locked bootloader issue at the moment, so I guess no TWRP recovery? I don't care too much about this last issue I just wanted to recover my (well my friend's, who might be reconsidering that status) soft bricked M7. This has been such a fiasco of ID-10T errors! I'm replacing my friend's phone so now I have nothing to loose. I will attack this brick with anything radical that makes sense.

I've been a fairly quiet person on these forums since the first Android phone (G1, still have it, don't use it). I'm on a GPE M8 these days, myself, I didn't give my M8 to my friend.

I greatly appreciate any information anyone has. Thank you.

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Keep the bootloader unlocked and adb sideload a custom ROM using twrp 2.6.3.3