Is a Tab Pro 10 worth for a Nexus 10 replacement ?

OP DannyBiker

20th May 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 335

2,389 posts
More
I got an original Samsung 10.1v in the past and was decently pleased with it, then I moved to a Nexus 10. Screen is great but it lags quite a lot now and I'm considering to get a Tab Pro 10 to replace it, as the future of the Nexus line seems uncertain.

I really fear TouchWiz but on the other hand, 4.4 AOSP isn't great for a 10 inch tablet either and I actually think that some of the tweaks Samsung implemented in TouchWiz could be helpful.

Is it worth the upgrade ? I'm also concerned about the lack of custom roms for it, if I'm referring to the current state of roms in these boards.

Thank you !
21st May 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 33

249 posts
I have a tab 12.2 pro and I'm very happy with it. TW isn't as laggy as some people made it out to be. Could be smoother but it honestly doesn't interfere with my use for it (browsing, video watching, gaming, etc.)

Development for the tab 10.1 and 12.2 wifi pros are pretty slow right now with all the focus mainly on the 8.4 (there's now a custom rom for the 10.1). All in all, I think you'd be pleased with it coming from the nexus 10.
21st May 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #3  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 69

317 posts
More
I still have my N10, the 12.2 is much faster, brighter screen, battery life is much better and charges much faster as well.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
23rd May 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #4  
Flag NPR, Florida
Thanks Meter: 29

255 posts
More
I to am/have been a Nexus fan. I choose the tab over the N. Would love to have the HDMI out on the nexus, but just couldn't go without the extra storage with the sd card. Phone storage was not an issue but want to be able to have movies and music vids and games that you wouldn't necessarily use or want on the phone.

Oh yeah, I just bought the 10.1 pro today, just finished rooting it. Gonna go see about xposed now.
And I forgot to turn off auto update in the play store b4 letting it connect. Had to update all those crappy apps don't even use. I hate when that happens. thankfully we have titanium bu.
Last edited by mrphil101; 23rd May 2014 at 05:19 AM. Reason: duh!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread