[Q] can someone help

Search This thread

truckapillar

May 23, 2014
i was on nc5. i accidentally installed this rom [ROM][TW 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNE5 for MDK or SS] Updated 5-21-14 in the stock rom slot. so im ****ed now. no wifi no root and can't install safestrap. anyone have any ideas

Last edited:

dadangle

Download a new ROM from some other device or computer and transfer it manually then flash it on top. If you still have an custom recovery you're fine but if not figure out a way to root

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

truckapillar

May 23, 2014
no i dont have a custom recovery. i did a full wipe and then booted into the new rom. so without root i cant get safestrap re-installed to flash anything else

klabit87

Jul 11, 2011
Step 1 is just telling you what files to download. Don't try to jump ahead.
If you follow the instructions exactly as he had them you won't have any problems.
Also afh has had problems for the past day or two.
Just keep refreshing. I want able to download a rom I was testing last night until almost lunch time today

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: truckapillar

truckapillar

May 23, 2014
thank you klabit i am now back to 4.3 trying to root using saferoot and it wont work. it says adb service out of date killing and waiting for phone to appear i am ready to just say **** root and update to 4.4 from verizon jesus ****ing christ:cowboy:

klabit87

Jul 11, 2011
thank you klabit i am now back to 4.3 trying to root using saferoot and it wont work. it says adb service out of date killing and waiting for phone to appear i am ready to just say **** root and update to 4.4 from verizon jesus ****ing christ:cowboy:

Probably be best to take that question to the saferoot thread.
I only had to use it once before.

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia

Try using "adb kill-server" before running the Saferoot install.bat. If that doesn't work, post a question in the Saferoot thread with the full error messages that you're seeing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Step 1 is just telling you what files to download. Don't try to jump ahead.
    If you follow the instructions exactly as he had them you won't have any problems.
    Also afh has had problems for the past day or two.
    Just keep refreshing. I want able to download a rom I was testing last night until almost lunch time today