Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,967 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Email/Phone Bomb VZW for unlocked bootloader

Tip us?

davidstre
Old
(Last edited by jcase; 23rd May 2014 at 06:40 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Talking Email/Phone Bomb VZW for unlocked bootloader

Your voice is not heard unless you speak!

Below is the contact information for the top executives at Verizon Wireless. I encourage all of you to contact them through all channels of communication. However remember we are not after angry mob justice-- civility, manners, and proper English will be your most effective tools. I would recommend something along the lines of;

"Dear X, I am dissatisfied with Verizon Wireless's decision to lock down the bootloader of the Galaxy S5. I understand this is done for security but if I if I wish to have my bootloader unlocked it should be granted upon request. I will knowingly and gladly void my warranty in exchange for an unlocked bootloader. This will be the last device I purchase through Verizon Wireless and I am spreading the word for other customers to do the same."

It is lonely at the top, I'm sure they wouldn't mind daily emails and phone calls from all of you!

Contact Information

*mod edit* removed personal information

Enjoy.
VZW: Theres a map for that.

designgears
Old
(Last edited by jcase; 23rd May 2014 at 06:41 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 8670

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidstre View Post
Your voice is not heard unless you speak!

Below is the contact information for the top executives at Verizon Wireless. I encourage all of you to contact them through all channels of communication. However remember we are not after angry mob justice-- civility, manners, and proper English will be your most effective tools. I would recommend something along the lines of;

"Dear X, I am dissatisfied with Verizon Wireless's decision to lock down the bootloader of the Galaxy S5. I understand this is done for security but if I if I wish to have my bootloader unlocked it should be granted upon request. I will knowingly and gladly void my warranty in exchange for an unlocked bootloader. This will be the last device I purchase through Verizon Wireless and I am spreading the word for other customers to do the same."

It is lonely at the top, I'm sure they wouldn't mind daily emails and phone calls from all of you!

Contact Information

*mod edit* removed personal information

Enjoy.
Well, this just makes us all look like meanies (mod edit).

Anyways, they unlocked the bootloader for you already.

http://developer.verizon.com/content...galaxy_s5.html

You purchased the wrong version if your bootloader is locked.
"haters can make like bees with no stingers, and drop dead" -Eminem

Follow me on Twitter!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to designgears For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jcase
Old
Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Thanks Meter 6765

DONATE TO ME
Yeah two things we are not going to do here:

a) post phone numbers for individuals
b) advocate an illegal act (Email bombing)

thread closed.
I'm taking a break of an undetermined length. Please don't contact me about exploits

Something important? jcase@cunninglogic.com
Like Android security topics? Join our G+ community -> https://plus.google.com/communities/...07618051049043
My Bitcoin address : 1Newifz6yETTmbziCsZZstmHHPH6ejNr75
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe