Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock recovery problems

Tip us?
 
exad
Old
#11  
exad's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1390
Posts: 3,338
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Montreal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ van Beethoven View Post
Figured as much. I can't seem to find a standard kernel anywhere, looks like I may have to revert back to a stock image and start again.
Yeah you will
My Phone: Telus HTC One M8: 3.16 HBOOT S-OFF

Exad's m8 everything explained thread for teh noobs

 
BJ van Beethoven
Old
#12  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 154
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad View Post
Yeah you will
Damn, no worries. Thanks for your help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored_stupid View Post
Got a feeling they will know its not a Samsung standard firmware, unless Stevie Wonder is repairing it
 
BJ van Beethoven
Old
#13  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 154
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auckland
Got the update applied finally, managed to find a backup I'd made before flashing the custom kernel. Flashed back to stock recovery, applied the OTA and all good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored_stupid View Post
Got a feeling they will know its not a Samsung standard firmware, unless Stevie Wonder is repairing it
 
isaythings
Old
#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: May 2014
Default OTA Update Problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ van Beethoven View Post
Got the update applied finally, managed to find a backup I'd made before flashing the custom kernel. Flashed back to stock recovery, applied the OTA and all good!
Sorry Im a bit of a Noob but I'm trying to get the new OTA update.

I rooted with hasoon's toolkit, Ive changed nothing on my phone except for installing some root only apps from the playstore.

My current firmware is 1.12.502.18

How do I go about getting my OTA update? I cant seem to find a link that explains this clearly.

Thank you for your time.


HTC One M8
AT&T
 
BJ van Beethoven
Old
#15  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 154
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaythings View Post
Sorry Im a bit of a Noob but I'm trying to get the new OTA update.

I rooted with hasoon's toolkit, Ive changed nothing on my phone except for installing some root only apps from the playstore.

My current firmware is 1.12.502.18

How do I go about getting my OTA update? I cant seem to find a link that explains this clearly.

Thank you for your time.


HTC One M8
AT&T
Do you have the OTA update available to you at the moment? And have you flashed a custom recovery at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored_stupid View Post
Got a feeling they will know its not a Samsung standard firmware, unless Stevie Wonder is repairing it
Tags
ota, recovery, stock
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...