Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] New RAZR i battery problem

OP J-Hal

22nd May 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mexico city
Thanks Meter: 2
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Hi, to all

I have a brand new RAZR i with a peculiar charging problem.
When I plug in the phone with the original charger (850mA) the phone only charges up to 98% (Even if I left the charger plugged for 12+ hours)

I tied with other charger (also rated 850mA) and the phone charges up to 97%

Next I test it with a tablet charger (rated 2000mA) And the battery charged to 100%
Also if I plug the phone in my computer USB it charge to 100%

Is my battery faulty? or I need a 2000mA charger for this phone?
22nd May 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #2  
Chamelleon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 135
 
302 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Hi, mine also charging only to 97%. Sometimes it charges to 100% on original charger, sometimes not. I read that it's some security thing to avoid overcharging battery but I'm not sure.
22nd May 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Hamburg, DE
Thanks Meter: 46
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamelleon

Hi, mine also charging only to 97%..

If the Ri reaches 100% it stops charging and start using the battery instead of charger...
So if u look a few hours after charging is complett it will have lost a few percent of battery...

example: (charging over the night)
10 p.m. = 25% (plug in to charger)
2 a.m. = 100% (stops charging and uses battery)
6 a.m. = 97% (used 3% battery in 4 hours)

if its pluged into a pc it will charge to 100% and stays at 100%.
Last edited by 5m00v3; 22nd May 2014 at 12:55 PM.
23rd May 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mexico city
Thanks Meter: 2
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5m00v3

If the Ri reaches 100% it stops charging and start using the battery instead of charger...
So if u look a few hours after charging is complett it will have lost a few percent of battery...

example: (charging over the night)
10 p.m. = 25% (plug in to charger)
2 a.m. = 100% (stops charging and uses battery)
6 a.m. = 97% (used 3% battery in 4 hours)

if its pluged into a pc it will charge to 100% and stays at 100%.


So. it´s Normal?

Then way it charges at 100% with a 2000mA Charger ?
This behavior occurs even if the phone is off while charging.


Also my phone came with jelly bean 4.2 out of the box...
23rd May 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #5  
Chamelleon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 135
 
302 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Strange, maybe You missed 1 and You have 4.1.2 like everyone else??
23rd May 2014, 08:28 AM   |  #6  
Hazou's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,027
 
754 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hal

So. it´s Normal?

Then way it charges at 100% with a 2000mA Charger ?
This behavior occurs even if the phone is off while charging.


Also my phone came with jelly bean 4.2 out of the box...

I doubt that, but if u are certain that u have 4.2.2(1), can u make a system dump

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P5110
The Following User Says Thank You to Hazou For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mexico city
Thanks Meter: 2
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazou

I doubt that, but if u are certain that u have 4.2.2(1), can u make a system dump

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P5110

Sorry, my mistake (I feel dumb ) it was 4.1.2 (982.50.28002.XT890.AmericaMovil.en.MX)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes