Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC one m8 software update

OP bones841

4th May 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 285

1,324 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones841

Thanks so much guys! Is there any other suggestions?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

You should be good with just that. As for converting I'm not sure if it's possible to convert since the Verizon phone has cdma radio's included. Make sure you read the conversion thread though since I've never looked at it

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
23rd May 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi311

I cant seem to find the OTA file for 1.54 anywhere but if you find the OTA zip all u need to do is copy it to internal storage and boot into recovery by turning the phone off then turn it on while holding volume down and then select recovery using volume buttons and putting power, after that its just select apply update from internal storage then your good to go. I couldnt find the 1.54 but if you do find it heres the 1.55 update http://d-h.st/AEv

So apparently 1.55 is the first update for the verizon htc m8 which is the device u have. The update does not include extreme power savings and it appears the only way you will get EPS on your device would be to root and flash a custom rom with the feature enabled. Before you go and download a rom though you need to make sure your in the right section. Go to this section http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-htc-one-m8 it is the verizon htc one m8 thread. In order to be 100% sure that you are on the verizon version of the m8 go to hboot by turning off the device and turn it on while pressing volume down and make sure it says something like M8_vzw on the very top of the white screen.

Mine happens to say

*** LOCKED ***
M8_WLV PVT SHIP S-ON

Is that verizon as well?
23rd May 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #13  
Flag Nairobi
Thanks Meter: 30

164 posts
More
There's a link provided on how to Install Extreme Power saving Mode. I rooted mine and installed. It works just fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread