Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Power Saving Mode???

OP iMLordJ

21st May 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Please, does turning off power saving decrease the performance of the note 10.1 2014 edition in any way. And also any difference in battery life? Thanks
21st May 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 35

403 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMLordJ

Please, does turning off power saving decrease the performance of the note 10.1 2014 edition in any way. And also any difference in battery life? Thanks

It will surely affect the performance of the tablet. I'm not sure about the difference in battery life tho because I also turn power saving mode on
23rd May 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 26

321 posts
Done some quick tests with and with out power savings mode, in short:

Battery life up 20 % better ( really depends on use and settings like screen brightness and so on)
performance impact , well in reality it seems to scale down cpu/ gpu power buy 60 %, but in real life terms the effect is far from that drastic. Most apps run as fin, no real lag increase, games work just fine, even emulator er ok. You do notice a bit of a lag on certain High rez games , with max quality. But so far Still very playable.

tested with
FPSE (PSX emu)
Need for speed
Bards Tale
Youtube app
VLC ( movie app)

Again these are somewhat subjective tests, and lag is somewhat a subjective element. I haven't done benchmarks and such, simply because benchmark rez don't always translate to real world experience
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread