FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] boot loop on P5110 help

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By bobbysowner, Junior Member on 2nd May 2014, 09:45 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
7th May 2014, 12:25 PM |#11  
PanchoPlanet's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Crooklyn
Thanks Meter: 859
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysowner

looking at this:

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1657056

and down loading this:

Odin3-v1.85_3.zip

there is a pit file in the zip, but it does not mention it the guide,

do yo know what this file is for?

The PIT file is the partition information table. It tells your phone where different packages go on the phone or tablet, as well as how big partitions are on the phone or tablet.
Using a different version of odin may help also, double check the files you download as to the model.

Copy links to clipboard so they display properly and others can check your información.

Pp.

sent from my bluetooth controlled toaster that also takes pictures.
Last edited by PanchoPlanet; 7th May 2014 at 12:27 PM.
 
 
7th May 2014, 12:43 PM |#12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoPlanet

The PIT file is the partition information table. It tells your phone where different packages go on the phone or tablet, as well as how big partitions are on the phone or tablet.
Using a different version of odin may help also, double check the files you download as to the model.

Copy links to clipboard so they display properly and others can check your información.

Pp.

sent from my bluetooth controlled toaster that also takes pictures.

i`ll try to some older version`s of odin and older stock roms.

do yo think i should try that pit file with the recovery it comes with?

this is my 7th post so can`t post links till i pass 10.
7th May 2014, 12:56 PM |#13  
PanchoPlanet's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Crooklyn
Thanks Meter: 859
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysowner

i`ll try to some older version`s of odin and older stock roms.

do yo think i should try that pit file with the recovery it comes with?

this is my 7th post so can`t post links till i pass 10.

Not sure if this is the site you used but check it out.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...fIyE76XjKI12GA

Navigate to your model number and download.

If you have corrupt partitions its probably causing the boot loop.
Not sure if you can just get a pit file from sammoble, it's usually a complete firmware, but that will have the correct pit file to fix your problem.

Pp.

sent from my bluetooth controlled toaster that also takes pictures.
7th May 2014, 01:22 PM |#14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoPlanet

Not sure if this is the site you used but check it out.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...fIyE76XjKI12GA

Navigate to your model number and download.

If you have corrupt partitions its probably causing the boot loop.
Not sure if you can just get a pit file from sammoble, it's usually a complete firmware, but that will have the correct pit file to fix your problem.

Pp.

sent from my bluetooth controlled toaster that also takes pictures.

thanks will try
14th May 2014, 05:58 PM |#15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
update
just to update,

no luck so far, tried both uk roms on sammobile.com with Odin v3.07 v3.06 v3.04 v1.85 v1.83

also tried this:

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1957165&highlight=cf+root

it`s just the same,

looking at odin 3.07 theres a "nand erase all" tick box, is this a reset option?

trying to find out about pit files, could this help me?
19th May 2014, 12:43 PM |#16  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
battery
i was just wondering is it the battery?

if i unplug it from the charger it will carry on in the boot loop for around half an hour, before it is out of charge.

when i plug it back in to the charger it will show the an empty battery icon then boot into the loop.

when i press the power button and vol/up button to get it into odin it shows the empty battery icon again before going into odin.

could it be that the battery has failed?

and does anyone know if the tablet is supposed to charge in odin?
23rd May 2014, 10:58 AM |#17  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
bump?
anyone?
23rd May 2014, 12:00 PM |#18  
CSP III's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 582
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysowner

anyone?

typically, no charge when connected to computer. Odin or not.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes