Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,823 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kit Kat OTA fail.

Tip us?

Huli13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Sign [Q] Kit Kat OTA fail.

I tried to install KitKat OTA, after download is failed to install.

I have root.
Did a factory reset, no love.

Any guidance?

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 433
read some post in the General forum, there is plenty of information there to help you fix it.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
To insure i see your reply, always QUOTE me or use @bweN diorD Thanks

Huli13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
read some post in the General forum, there is plenty of information there to help you fix it.
Yea.... was doing that.
Saw the suggestion of using House of Moto. When the flash started, it failed out half way, and bricked my phone.

Le Sigh

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huli13 View Post
Yea.... was doing that.
Saw the suggestion of using House of Moto. When the flash started, it failed out half way, and bricked my phone.

Le Sigh
Not to be mean, but you must not have read his post entirely. He states that after applying the OTA to a locked phone, depending on how far it got, attempting to go back to JB will brick your phone.

However, if you continue researching, SamuriHL (who knows his stuff) has provided a way to fix ALL bricked phones now and get you to KK.

However, locked phones, once on KK, cannot go back to JB at all. Never, ever, ever. So, don't try it.

So, here is the link to help you get back to a functioning phone running KitKat:

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...to-kitkat-ota/

There is a reason SamuriHL says "read, re-read and read again". The actions you are taking on your phone can lead to a brick, so you must be entirely sure of what you are doing and that you are following his steps to the letter. He even has warning at the top: YOU WILL LOSE ROOT and those on locked bootloaders will not have any way of getting it back. It is lost.

Good luck and again, please ensure you read his instructions thoroughly three times before you even attempt to do this. It will save you a lot of grief.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast
The Following User Says Thank You to iBolski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]