Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,756 Members 41,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stockrom series v7.1 questions

Tip us?

deuZige
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] Stockrom series v7.1 questions

Hii there y'all! I've been lurking here for quite a while now and suddenly decided to become an active member of the community.
Partially because i've always been able to find what i'm looking for and to solve any issues i had with the info on xda here.
(awesome site btw)

Now though i've got myself a Galaxy tab 3 7.0 and was shocked to see it came with 4.1 so i rushed to xda thinking "Yeah right, 4.1.... I gots to get me some kitkat!" and.....

Well, lets just say i was less than overwhelmed.
Appearantly 4.4 is "coming soon" or something and 4.3 is conspicuously not spoken of. Sooo..... i Started looking for a rom that would at least allow me to do app2sd and did some flashes. Crashrom was aptly named i found and the LT02wifi rom scared the heebeegeebees out of me (turned out nothing more than a no boot animation bug).

Basically i came to find there is NO 4.2.2 ROM for this tab that doesn't have issues. I decided to choose the one with the least remaining issues and slapped Stockrom series v7.1 on there last night. Must say it went like a dream and the tab is noticably quicker. I've not yet installed any apps i want to app2sd so i haven't tested the purpose for which i started this endevour but i do have some oddities which i want to ask about.

One is that i get SM-T210R model number in device info. Second is that the status in device info states the batterystatus "not charging" while i do have it on the USB cable. I can confirm it charges as it went from 42 to 43% just now.

I have the much discussed bluetooth keyboard problem, in a sense. When i freshly coupled the device to the tab i could use it fine. Once that idle timer put the keyboard "to sleep" however it doesn't come back. It says it is connected but it isn't.

The last oddity is that the android version states 4.2.2 while the release notes state they went back to the 4.1.2 version.

Is there anything i can do to help solving that keyboard issue or is there already a fix?
Why is my SM-T210 suddenly thinking it has infrared (or did your h4xx0rc0d3z actually generate ir hardware somehow? ) and saying its an SM-210R?
Why is my battery "not charging" while it in fact is?
and who's wrong, my tab or the release notes, about 4.2.2?

If there is any way i can be of use, ask me, worst thing that can happen is i KILL EVERYONE ON THE PLANET!! HAR HAR har ha.....
(eeermm... ignore that last bit.. )

mkaymuzik
Old
Thanks Meter 471

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuZige View Post
Hii there y'all! I've been lurking here for quite a while now and suddenly decided to become an active member of the community.
Partially because i've always been able to find what i'm looking for and to solve any issues i had with the info on xda here.
(awesome site btw)

Now though i've got myself a Galaxy tab 3 7.0 and was shocked to see it came with 4.1 so i rushed to xda thinking "Yeah right, 4.1.... I gots to get me some kitkat!" and.....

Well, lets just say i was less than overwhelmed.
Appearantly 4.4 is "coming soon" or something and 4.3 is conspicuously not spoken of. Sooo..... i Started looking for a rom that would at least allow me to do app2sd and did some flashes. Crashrom was aptly named i found and the LT02wifi rom scared the heebeegeebees out of me (turned out nothing more than a no boot animation bug).

Basically i came to find there is NO 4.2.2 ROM for this tab that doesn't have issues. I decided to choose the one with the least remaining issues and slapped Stockrom series v7.1 on there last night. Must say it went like a dream and the tab is noticably quicker. I've not yet installed any apps i want to app2sd so i haven't tested the purpose for which i started this endevour but i do have some oddities which i want to ask about.

One is that i get SM-T210R model number in device info. Second is that the status in device info states the batterystatus "not charging" while i do have it on the USB cable. I can confirm it charges as it went from 42 to 43% just now.

I have the much discussed bluetooth keyboard problem, in a sense. When i freshly coupled the device to the tab i could use it fine. Once that idle timer put the keyboard "to sleep" however it doesn't come back. It says it is connected but it isn't.

The last oddity is that the android version states 4.2.2 while the release notes state they went back to the 4.1.2 version.

Is there anything i can do to help solving that keyboard issue or is there already a fix?
Why is my SM-T210 suddenly thinking it has infrared (or did your h4xx0rc0d3z actually generate ir hardware somehow? ) and saying its an SM-210R?
Why is my battery "not charging" while it in fact is?
and who's wrong, my tab or the release notes, about 4.2.2?

If there is any way i can be of use, ask me, worst thing that can happen is i KILL EVERYONE ON THE PLANET!! HAR HAR har ha.....
(eeermm... ignore that last bit.. )
U had problem with my LT02wifi rom? What was the issue?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey You, Hit Thanks! | G+ / Twitter / SoundCloud / DeviantART
-----------------------------------------------------------
[INDEX] Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 - ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, Themes, MODs
[THEME][TWRP][GalaxyGear] WAY2CLEAN
[ROM][T210/R] LT02WiFi JB/KK