Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 51,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

debating to exchange my S5 for a M8

Tip us?

cameljockey1
Old
Thanks Meter 89

DONATE TO ME
My wife as well got the s5 only had it for 8 hours then returned for the m8. Which that's what I told her to get in the first place. M8= money's worth and quality. S5=trying to hard. Samsung has lost me as a customer. I have had the note 2 and I liked it but didn't like TouchWiz. I was waiting for an SD card on the htc and got it.

Sent from my C6806 using XDA Premium HD app
Device: Sony Xperia Z Ultra LTE T-mobile

Previous devices:
Samsung Galaxy Note II
HTC Sensation
Samsung Vibrant T959
HTC Mytouch 3G

stevessvt
Old
Thanks Meter 443
I just Jump-ed my Note 3 for an M8, like it so far. A few quirks,..no on screen timer, doesnt show dropbox or picassa pics in the gallery, and still gauging battery. But I love the build quality.

fryingpan0613
Old
Thanks Meter 3,519

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevessvt View Post
I just Jump-ed my Note 3 for an M8, like it so far. A few quirks,..no on screen timer, doesnt show dropbox or picassa pics in the gallery, and still gauging battery. But I love the build quality.
I always hated the gallery addition of picassa but everyone is different. See screen for timer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1400434403782.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	2750821  
The Following User Says Thank You to fryingpan0613 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stevessvt
Old
Thanks Meter 443
Hey thanks for the screen timeout timer, i actually meant screen on timer.....im using lux for screen dimming and i think its saving me battery.

fryingpan0613
Old
Thanks Meter 3,519

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevessvt View Post
Hey thanks for the screen timeout timer, i actually meant screen on timer.....im using lux for screen dimming and i think its saving me battery.
You mean the stats in settings that tells you how much screen on time you have?
It really annoyed me it doesn't have that, I use GSAM from the play store to find out my screen on time.

instigator008
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I traded my S5 for the M8 and haven't looked back. The M8 is the better phone imho.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Current Phone: HTC One
ROM: Ordroid
Previous Phone: Galaxy Note 2 I317M
Carrier: Bell Mobility

busab
Old
Thanks Meter 166
I also traded my note 3 for the M8 about 4 days ago. So far I'm really enjoying this phone.

The battery life is surprisingly good! Better than my Note 3 actually. The speakers are fantastic and so is the build quality. It also feels snappier than the Note 3.

The only thing that really bugs me is that damn bottom bezel with the HTC logo. If it had actual buttons on it like the first one it would be one thing. But it's such a waist. But that's really just a minor gripe. Overall this phone is fantastic!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

SPreston2001
Old
Thanks Meter 177
The only thing I don't like about the phone is the ugly pea green accent color used in the volume controls and widgets etc. I much preferred the ICS blue used on the M7. The camera is decent but they really should have put a 8mp shooter in it. Not complaining since it's adequate for all my mobile picture needs but my girlfriend's G2 does take better pics than my M8. Besides that the phone is awesome!!