FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Garmin Fenix / Tactix GPS BLE ABC Watch is Great …No Android Support Any Suggestions?

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By crapixm, Junior Member on 4th January 2014, 02:14 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th January 2014, 03:53 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'd happily pay money for an app that allows for this. I hate not being able to use my fenix for notifications.

29th January 2014, 12:19 PM |#12  

More
https://forums.garmin.com/showthread...th-support-ETA

look this topic!

i hope in february...garmin get out the app!
1st February 2014, 03:27 PM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by durinVIII

Yes, i'm N4 user and happy Fenix user...i wanna more happy: i want notification!
I try on garmin forum, on twitter, on facebook and vere but now all stop with no solution.

I have Fenix (4.05) and Galaxy Note 1 smartPhone. The solution I found (to have notifications on my Fenix) was to upgrade my Nexus 7 7" android tablet to an iPad mini 2 (wiFi only version) . Now I feed/share my 3G internet conection from the N1 via BT3.0 tethering to the iPad, wich in turn now has/runs my Hangouts + WeChat + gMail sessions, with in turn it notifies (via BTLE) the F4.05.

I never upgraded the N1 to N2 (because didnt made sense to downgrade to a bigger screen with lower resolution), and recently skipped to upgrade to N3 too because of the irritating "region lock" Samsungs now decided to impose even on it's "unlocked" EU models.

So I find myself in a path from being a full double Android customer (SmartPhone and Tablet) and developer, To a mixed Android/iOS Smartphone/Tablet user, to, most probably, a tripple iOS customer (iWatch/iPhone6/iPad mini 2).

I simply got tired of the Galaxy imposed useless bloatware, the new "Region lock" restrictions, the Andoid platform fragmentation and slow update software cycle (my N1 just got to 4.1 a week ago, still miles away from the minimum 4.3+ required for BTLE)
23rd May 2014, 02:07 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
With new 4.40 firmware, i connect fenix with my LG G2 with no problems, now it seems closer but still no app for communication, even when im connected i cant use it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)