Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 41,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Newbies) Cooking a Rom with a Kitchen

Tip us?

Krsmqn
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modding.MyMind View Post
I'm bumping this thread because I am seeing A LOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE having troubles fixing their devices and for whatever the reason may be it seems to be with a LOT of these twrp backups people are grabbing from others because they either lost theirs or never made one from the get go (horrible decision).

So, if you are having troubles restoring with a backup then this guide should help you make up a quick Rom and get your device back.

You aren't looking to do anything fancy with the "kitchen" but to just build a quick odex or deodex Rom to flash and be up and running again.

Please take advantage of this if all else is failing for you.

IT IS NOT THAT HARD TO DO

--- Happy Hunting!!!

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk
I had script issues when using the cooked ROM with my plc_cl. Just an FYI. Awesome guide though. Very easy to follow.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Do you own a ZTE Source? If so, visit the ZTE Source thread!

Is your Kindle bricked? Visit the Kindle Fire First Aide thread. Get a SkOrPn Factory Cable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Krsmqn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Modding.MyMind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1361

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krsmqn View Post
I had script issues when using the cooked ROM with my plc_cl. Just an FYI. Awesome guide though. Very easy to follow.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yea, you have to be careful with the script. It's sensitive lol. I probably wouldnt recommend using the kitchen in regards to /data. Just more so on your boot and /system. The kitchen uses a funky method for /data which is where I think the problem arises when attempting to flash.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk