Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 52,710 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with constant rebooting

Tip us?

mdaigt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Unhappy [Q] Help with constant rebooting

Have the ATT version. Over the last 2 weeks no matter what I do my phone will not hold onto a ROM. Have done restores, complete wipes and new
installs yet nothing seems to hold. Will do a complete wipe including internal, data, system, etc.. Have tried all different ROMs. From international, to I317. Have tried TW, AOSP, and MIUI. Sometimes can get through setup, but within 1/2 hour reboot into loop. Thought it might be the battery, not sure though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe Odin back to stock? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

mdaigt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdaigt View Post
Have the ATT version. Over the last 2 weeks no matter what I do my phone will not hold onto a ROM. Have done restores, complete wipes and new
installs yet nothing seems to hold. Will do a complete wipe including internal, data, system, etc.. Have tried all different ROMs. From international, to I317. Have tried TW, AOSP, and MIUI. Sometimes can get through setup, but within 1/2 hour reboot into loop. Thought it might be the battery, not sure though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe Odin back to stock? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Update. I tried Odin back to stock. Was able to update to latest firmware in between reboots. Didn't help. Still constantly reboots randomnly.
Again thanks for taking the time to read.

DoctorQMM
Old
Thanks Meter 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdaigt View Post
Update. I tried Odin back to stock. Was able to update to latest firmware in between reboots. Didn't help. Still constantly reboots randomnly.
Again thanks for taking the time to read.
Search this forum [General or Q&A] for "stuck power button". I recall seeing a few threads about a yr ago with constant rebooting issues.... turned out, by cleaning the power contacts it fixed issue for some folks. Good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoctorQMM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 3,549
I agree with the good doctor...
The behavior of the device suggests a forced reboot via the power button...

The other prospect is not quite so simple...and involves hardware damage....but I would certainly pop the case open and clean those contacts first....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregsarg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mdaigt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Well was lucky to solve my issue. It was the battery being bad. Have had the new battery in for a day now and no
problems what so ever. Thanks for everything. Love reading and learning from XDA