Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,320 Members 38,073 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there anything as a Region Sim Lock on the S4?

Tip us?

angelicous
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash View Post
3. IMEI lock - phone is locked as the result of claim to be stolen, lost or damaged, if the replacement phone was given by insurance company or provider. can be legally removed by the legal authorities only.
Okey, that's what i was thinking it should happen when you block a phone.

So guy is just trying to fool me probably.

Is there a website where i can check if the IMEI is blocked or not?

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicous View Post
Is there a website where i can check if the IMEI is blocked or not?
NOPE. The problem is: If you'd buy the phone, and if the guy would claim it as stolen/missing - you'd be responsible.
The guy can go to insurer/police, return the new phone, claim that he found the old one and unlock it.... can you imagine that he'd do this?

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard-droid View Post
Sorry for my bad language - I do know all of this. I work for the company that first released 4G but I couldn't find the correct wording
Nobody's perfect, so no worry.
I just placed in single post all options to avoid mess.
HTC HD2 (still alive and kicking), I9000, I9300, I9505

angelicous
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash View Post
NOPE. The problem is: If you'd buy the phone, and if the guy would claim it as stolen/missing - you'd be responsible.
The guy can go to insurer/police, return the new phone, claim that he found the old one and unlock it.... can you imagine that he'd do this?
Eheh that would be a problem... if i wasn't making the deal through ebay and haven't had prof that the guy sold me the phone.

Either way, different countries, i wouldn't have that kind of problems because of a phone.