Here I'll write down a set of Q&A about the S4 mini, flashing, etc.
(If you like to provide extra information or have a correction, I'll add it to the OP)
I'm not liable to any demage to your device, including Knox. The information here is as good as I know, there is no guarantee.
- How to enter recovery?
- Power the device off and press volume up + home + power for a while
- How to enter download mode?
- Power the device off and press volume down + home + power for a while- How to root?
- This is one method, there are many though (this one will trip Knox): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2364980- What is Knox?
- Follow this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52648525- How to flash something with Odin?
(If not described differently, follow this)
- Make sure you've enough charge on your phone, min 40% is usually safe
- Put the .tar or .tar.md5 file into PDA or AP (it's the same, it's just different in Odin versions)
- Boot your device into download mode (press volume down + home + power at the boot process for around 20 seconds)
- Connect your device (Odin should say "Added")
- Click "start" (Do NOT disconnect your device or power off your computer in the flashing process, it could hardbrick your phone)
- Wait until your phone has fully rebooted
- Done (If you've trouble with booting into the system after a flash, do a factory reset in the recovery)
- More flashing information: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...uide_-_Android- My signal is bad etc. from the very beginning I have this phone, what can I do?
- Return to seller before Knoxing it up (don't flash anything and don't try to repair it on your own)- Will the s4 mini forum get more users any day, also more roms etc.?
- Yes, I'm pretty sure, the device got intense price reduction since the S5 was released, so more people could afford it- I don't like the keyboard of my AOSP rom, is there a better one?
- Look here this is the Xperia Z2 keyboard, it works for s4 mini (Flash the flashable .zip not the single file): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708805
- Can I flash Cyanogenmod with TWRP?
- It worked for me, even though the Cyanogenmod team doesn't recommend it- When I boot my device I see colored pixels lightning up after the splash screen, is my device now totally broken?
- No, It's stuck in a bootloop, but the lightning pixels are not to worry normally. You've to unbrick it.
- My device is heating up, do I have to worry?
- Mine does too, and I'm not worrieng- How to enter to enter extra-developer settings (For example performance settings (set governor etc.)) in AOSP roms?
- Tap the build number in the phone information menu 7 times (It should say "now you're a developer") Then after that you'll find more menus in the settings- How to easily access the hidden service menus?
- Download this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...shortcut&hl=de (In AOSP rom's probably only the "Test menu" works, because others are blocked)- How to change CSC?
- Get this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...selector&hl=de- How to safe battery without loosing performance?
- Deactivate syncing services (Parts of Googles services etc.) which you don't need, or pick another governor and i/o.
- My battery doesn't work properly and I've my phone for more than 1 year, what can I do?
- Where to download the latest stock firmwares?
- Batteries don't have a long lifespan, your battery is most likely demaged. You can use this app to view what the system says to the battery health: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.cpu_z&hl=de
- www.sammobile.com or www.samsung-updates.com (Sammobile is recommended)- Can I return to stock after flashing a custom rom?
- Yes, but remember you cannot reverse Knox so far! How to reverse to stock: Flash a stock firmware with odin, enter recovery and do a factory reset. (Stock firmware links, above)Thanks for the design template to XDA
To be continued...