Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,741 Members 47,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] adb problem, no security popup, device unauthorised

Tip us?

xdaforummartin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] adb problem, no security popup, device unauthorised

I have a brand new windows 7 computer, I have installed the latest android SDK, I want to connect to my Nexus 10 using adb.

(device has windows drivers from SDK; "Android Composite ADB Interface". adb version 1.0.31)

when I do adb devices, it does see my device but it says my device is unauthorised.

It has never displayed the security popup.

I am convinec that the security pop up wouyld make this work, but i cannot get it to show, so that it does whatever magic it does.

I have tried plugging and unplugging the usb cable,
I have tried turning USB debugging on and off.
I have changed the USB connection from Camera, to Media, back to Camera.

I can see the adbkey file under $HOME/.android in windows

The android directory /data/misc/adb/ is empty

I have root.

How can I force the security popup to display?

Or how can I frig this so I can get it working?

What does the secuirty popup do anyway? probably just copy the adbkey file from windows into the android /misc/adb/ directory right? Can I do it by hand?

Slightly unrelated question, is it true that everything works first time, everytime on IOS?

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdaforummartin View Post
I have a brand new windows 7 computer, I have installed the latest android SDK, I want to connect to my Nexus 10 using adb.

(device has windows drivers from SDK; "Android Composite ADB Interface". adb version 1.0.31)

when I do adb devices, it does see my device but it says my device is unauthorised.

It has never displayed the security popup.

I am convinec that the security pop up wouyld make this work, but i cannot get it to show, so that it does whatever magic it does.

I have tried plugging and unplugging the usb cable,
I have tried turning USB debugging on and off.
I have changed the USB connection from Camera, to Media, back to Camera.

I can see the adbkey file under $HOME/.android in windows

The android directory /data/misc/adb/ is empty

I have root.

How can I force the security popup to display?

Or how can I frig this so I can get it working?

What does the secuirty popup do anyway? probably just copy the adbkey file from windows into the android /misc/adb/ directory right? Can I do it by hand?

Slightly unrelated question, is it true that everything works first time, everytime on IOS?
While it is plugged in, revoke the permissions in Developer Options. Should be right under the USB Debugging option. Then unplug and plug it back in. Should pop up on the phone after that. And for the iPhone question, surely you're joking? Apple's software has bugs in it just like anything else. Check out the massive waves of complaints on any iPhone related forum any time there is a new update as an example.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

xdaforummartin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I did that, but there was no popup. !!??!!

xdaforummartin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
does anyone know what chmod (permissions) the adb_keys file on the android is meant to be?

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hmm. I've had that happen on quite a few different phones at my shop and that always did the trick. *shrug* There's always the factory reset option.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)