Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 52,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] [bricked] aw420 - need help!

Tip us?

eninef
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [q] [bricked] aw420 - need help!

Hi Guys,

I'm kinda new to the forum, but I'm an avid follower of XDA Devs.

I just got my AW420 from a conference in Jakarta just recently. I read through the forum and there's all kinds of rooting process that is available, I followed the simplest one, which was the APK file from Boromir (if I'm not mistaken) and now my AW420 is stucked at the boot logo (Mine is SimValley's Logo)

I cant get through the boot logo and its now more than 3 hours. Tried to pull the battery out, but i can't access it, since the lock (screw) is stucked for some reason.

I went through everything -- most part of xda's site and i found nothing at the moment. I tried every single thing but it deems as failures.

Can anyone lend me a hand. Help is really really much appreciated.

Thank you.

lssong99
Old
(Last edited by lssong99; 21st May 2014 at 04:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by eninef View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm kinda new to the forum, but I'm an avid follower of XDA Devs.

I just got my AW420 from a conference in Jakarta just recently. I read through the forum and there's all kinds of rooting process that is available, I followed the simplest one, which was the APK file from Boromir (if I'm not mistaken) and now my AW420 is stucked at the boot logo (Mine is SimValley's Logo)

I cant get through the boot logo and its now more than 3 hours. Tried to pull the battery out, but i can't access it, since the lock (screw) is stucked for some reason.

I went through everything -- most part of xda's site and i found nothing at the moment. I tried every single thing but it deems as failures.

Can anyone lend me a hand. Help is really really much appreciated.

Thank you.
When did your TS? <-- It's extremely important: Each batch TS has some difference in F/W requirement even they bear the same model name or configuration!

For the Screw thing, throw away the small screw driver OMate provided. It's JUNK! Buy a precision Philip #0000 type (bring your TS to the shop and try). With correct Screw driver, it's VERY EASY to unscrew!!!

If you can pull the battery and re-install the battery, than it goes back to normal, then you are lucky!

If not, you have problem in F/W. you need to reflash the F/W compatible to your specific TS to revive it!

For F/W thing, It seems you made same mistake as me: use the tools on XDA not knowing the OMate made some changes to your TS. So it's not compatible with anything posted here!

Your only chance is to ask someone with same version of TS as yours (same shipping day, like your conference friend, same configuration like 1/8/2100) and ask them nicely to give you a back up... Then you can follow my guild here to restore everything back to normal... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2758733

(You can see my original problem at here if you are interested: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2756455)

trent999
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Are you sure it is a PH#0000 needed ? I have been using a PH#000 with perfect success so far. Be sure to remove the two tiny "OK" stickers first.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

eninef
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lssong99 View Post
When did your TS? <-- It's extremely important: Each batch TS has some difference in F/W requirement even they bear the same model name or configuration!

For the Screw thing, throw away the small screw driver OMate provided. It's JUNK! Buy a precision Philip #0000 type (bring your TS to the shop and try). With correct Screw driver, it's VERY EASY to unscrew!!!

If you can pull the battery and re-install the battery, than it goes back to normal, then you are lucky!

If not, you have problem in F/W. you need to reflash the F/W compatible to your specific TS to revive it!

For F/W thing, It seems you made same mistake as me: use the tools on XDA not knowing the OMate made some changes to your TS. So it's not compatible with anything posted here!

Your only chance is to ask someone with same version of TS as yours (same shipping day, like your conference friend, same configuration like 1/8/2100) and ask them nicely to give you a back up... Then you can follow my guild here to restore everything back to normal... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2758733

(You can see my original problem at here if you are interested: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2756455)
Thank you for your reply. I got a hold of the same F/W from a friend who bought the same model (AW420). I managed to get the TS revived back to normal state after a day of tweaking & reading. I'm following you thread to back up my current image. Might be uploading the image soon for those who needs it.

THANK YOU for the help!!!

lssong99
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by eninef View Post
Thank you for your reply. I got a hold of the same F/W from a friend who bought the same model (AW420). I managed to get the TS revived back to normal state after a day of tweaking & reading. I'm following you thread to back up my current image. Might be uploading the image soon for those who needs it.

THANK YOU for the help!!!
Glad to hear the case is closed and you have your watch back!

Cheers!

Sent from my HTC_One_max using XDA Premium HD app