Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,237 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashing problem No OS

Tip us?

adrianh85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Exclamation Flashing problem No OS

It has been a long while since I felt the need to flash a rom but today i decided to update to current. Made a huge mistake and formatted the sd card and wiped the os and Rom install files. Right now i can access fastboot, Hboot, and recovery. But for some reason USB doesnt work in recovery. with no OS to boot my device just sits at the Htc factory white screen. I have not been able to find one way to adb into my device to"push " the needed OS zip. Also have tried to flash a factory RUU but no adb access. Can someone help me out of this problem?
Im a PPCGEEK mainly but i find great info here on this site! Check me out And my Blackout Rom!!

sabres032
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianh85 View Post
It has been a long while since I felt the need to flash a rom but today i decided to update to current. Made a huge mistake and formatted the sd card and wiped the os and Rom install files. Right now i can access fastboot, Hboot, and recovery. But for some reason USB doesnt work in recovery. with no OS to boot my device just sits at the Htc factory white screen. I have not been able to find one way to adb into my device to"push " the needed OS zip. Also have tried to flash a factory RUU but no adb access. Can someone help me out of this problem?
Are you able to issue fastboot commands? If so try fastboot reboot recovery and see if adb is then recognized.

adrianh85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres032 View Post
Are you able to issue fastboot commands? If so try fastboot reboot recovery and see if adb is then recognized.
Nope that didnt work. Is there a Update or img zip file that can be flashed via bootloader that includes a rom?
Im a PPCGEEK mainly but i find great info here on this site! Check me out And my Blackout Rom!!

Se˝orWu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I recommend you to check if HTC has some recovery utilities. Exactly the same thing happened to me months ago with an Xperia SP, but recovery didn't work either, not to mention adb nor usb ; my computer didn't recognise the device at all. At the end I found a Sony program that made me manually choose my phone and region, made the phone recognizable for the program, and flashed full stock. HTC should have something similar.

sabres032
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianh85 View Post
Nope that didnt work. Is there a Update or img zip file that can be flashed via bootloader that includes a rom?
What happens when you boot to recovery and type adb devices?? If nothing shows up try.

adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb devices

and see what happens.

Swantexan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What recovery are you using?

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I had this problem not too long ago. I could not get anything to work until installer a generic adb setup for all androids. Then my phone was recognized and I was able to sideload a rom through TWRP.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrodur1ig8...-setup-1.3.zip

swantexan