Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unbrick atrix 4g

Tip us?

mbindef
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unbrick atrix 4g

Hello help me to unbrick my motorola atrix,i don't speak english very well,but i try...de l'aide plz

andresrivas
Old
Thanks Meter 343
We can't read your mind, so please, state:
which rom you had,

what you attempted to do when you bricked the phone,

which steps were you following,

what happens when you turn the phone on and

what happens when you plug it to the pc.

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS)

Yup. I've been a Motofan all my life so far...

mbindef
Old
(Last edited by mbindef; 22nd May 2014 at 02:34 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
can i write it in french?

ravilov
Old
Thanks Meter 1317

DONATE TO ME
This is an english only forum as per forum rules. If you want to use another language you have to provide an english translation as well. You can use tools such as Google Translate to help you with that.

mbindef
Old
(Last edited by mbindef; 23rd May 2014 at 01:26 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas View Post
We can't read your mind, so please, state:
which rom you had,

what you attempted to do when you bricked the phone,

which steps were you following,

what happens when you turn the phone on and

what happens when you plug it to the pc.

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
HELLO,
it's been over three weeks I am trying to solve this problem, but nothing.
I have a motorola atrix 4g android 2.3.4, wanting to install CM7 on my atrix, I did all the steps (root, unlock the bootloader and change the recovery), I installed CM7 using rom manager (download).

I finished and I reboot my atrix and to my surprise, the atrix is frozen on motorola logo with "unlocked" in the upper left.

when I connect to the computer, it lights is still frozen on the dual core motorola logo.
help me to unlock my atrix, I thank you in advance because I'm desperate and no telephone.

andresrivas
Old
(Last edited by andresrivas; 23rd May 2014 at 06:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 343
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE, IN ANY WAY, OF WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE IF YOU DECIDE TO FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS. READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE TRY THEM. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT, ASK IT BEFORE ATEMPTING ANYTHING

That being said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbindef View Post
HELLO,
it's been over three weeks I am trying to solve this problem, but nothing.
I have a motorola atrix 4g android 2.3.4, wanting to install CM7 on my atrix, I did all the steps (root, unlock the bootloader and change the recovery), I installed CM7 using rom manager (download).

I finished and I reboot my atrix and to my surprise, the atrix is frozen on motorola logo with "unlocked" in the upper left.

when I connect to the computer, it lights is still frozen on the dual core motorola logo.
help me to unlock my atrix, I thank you in advance because I'm desperate and no telephone.
Which howto (guide) you were following? I don't recall seeing one which indicates to install a rom through ROM Manager....

First, download the rom again, but this time on the pc.

If you want pure cm7, then download it from cyanogenmod's repo, the latest nightly works flawlessly (I've used it for almost 6 months) or download one of the custom roms from this site.

Don't forget to get the google apps if you wish to have play store

Ok, which recovery you installed?

If it was cwm, then try to boot to it (turn on the phone, holding down the VOL- key until a text appears below the "unlocked" word. Then, release the vol- key and pu**** several times until the words "Android Recovery" are displayed, then press vol+ to confirm and access recovery. In cwm, go to mounts and storage and select "mount /sdcard" if you have an sd card, otherwise select "mount /emmc" instead. Plug the phone to the pc and, from a command line enter the following command:

if you mounted /sdcard:
adb push <full-path-to-rom's-zip> /sdcard/

if you mounted /emmc:
adb push <full-path-to-rom's-zip> /emmc/

Once it is done transferring, unnplug the phone and in cwm go to mounts and storage and select "umount <the option you selected earlier>" and after that, format /cache, /data and /system.

go back to the main menu and select install zip

here you got two options: Internal storage and sdcard, select the one where you pushed the rom's zip and in the next screen select the zip. Confirm and installation will begin.
Reboot and you should be good to go.
Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS)

Yup. I've been a Motofan all my life so far...
The Following User Says Thank You to andresrivas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mbindef
Old
(Last edited by mbindef; 24th May 2014 at 12:39 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas View Post
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE, IN ANY WAY, OF WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE IF YOU DECIDE TO FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS. READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE TRY THEM. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT, ASK IT BEFORE ATEMPTING ANYTHING

That being said....

Which howto (guide) you were following? I don't recall seeing one which indicates to install a rom through ROM Manager....

First, download the rom again, but this time on the pc.

If you want pure cm7, then download it from cyanogenmod's repo, the latest nightly works flawlessly (I've used it for almost 6 months) or download one of the custom roms from this site.

Don't forget to get the google apps if you wish to have play store

Ok, which recovery you installed?

If it was cwm, then try to boot to it (turn on the phone, holding down the VOL- key until a text appears below the "unlocked" word. Then, release the vol- key and pu**** several times until the words "Android Recovery" are displayed, then press vol+ to confirm and access recovery. In cwm, go to mounts and storage and select "mount /sdcard" if you have an sd card, otherwise select "mount /emmc" instead. Plug the phone to the pc and, from a command line enter the following command:

if you mounted /sdcard:
adb push <full-path-to-rom's-zip> /sdcard/

if you mounted /emmc:
adb push <full-path-to-rom's-zip> /emmc/

Once it is done transferring, unnplug the phone and in cwm go to mounts and storage and select "umount <the option you selected earlier>" and after that, format /cache, /data and /system.

go back to the main menu and select install zip

here you got two options: Internal storage and sdcard, select the one where you pushed the rom's zip and in the next screen select the zip. Confirm and installation will begin.
Reboot and you should be good to go.

nothing works, I have CM7 and when I start the installation it gives this:

INSTALLING:/sd card/cm-7-20130301-nightly-olympus.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

E:failed to verify whole-file signature

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted;

I think I lost root access,now what do I do?