Return stock with ota easiest way/fastest?

Search This thread

Tak23

Sep 21, 2011
I have rooted my m8 but just in the case I want to return to stock focusing more on getting ota updates whats the easiest most fastest way to do this and would I have to uninstall custom recovery, root, and everything else back to original stock just to get ota updates sorry for the rookie question here?

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
I have rooted my m8 but just in the case I want to return to stock focusing more on getting ota updates whats the easiest most fastest way to do this and would I have to uninstall custom recovery, root, and everything else back to original stock just to get ota updates sorry for the rookie question here?

A quick look in general would have found this on the front page
@EddyOS put it together so don't forget to say thanks

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735235

Reactions: Tak23 and EddyOS

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
My recommendation would be "don't bother". Whatever rolls out on OTA tends to be posted as a flashable stock rooted ROM, or custom ROM within days of the OTA, if not sooner. Going back to stock is a steps backwards, and usually an unnecessary one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tak23

Tak23

Sep 21, 2011
My recommendation would be "don't bother". Whatever rolls out on OTA tends to be posted as a flashable stock rooted ROM, or custom ROM within days of the OTA, if not sooner. Going back to stock is a steps backwards, and usually an unnecessary one.

sounds good to me then would u recommend twrp or clockwork recovery for the m8?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

A quick look in general would have found this on the front page
    @EddyOS put it together so don't forget to say thanks

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735235