No registration required

Battery Failed

OP cookie12

11th May 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hi Guys,

Ive had my GPAD for about 2 months now, i came to use it today and the device was dead. Simple enough i thought the battery had just drained, however when i plugged it in to charge it just did a strange bootloop. The LG screen appeared a battery icon with 0% appeared and then instantly rebooted itself doing the same process over and over.

I thought if i left it for a bit it might need a charge before going any further i.e. battery was completely drained. I have left it for over and hour and its still doing the same thing. As soon as you unplug it from the mains it dies and wont turn on.

I'm assuming my battery has completely failed, has anyone else experienced this with this device. I've owned lots of phones and tablets over the years and have never known a battery fail like this before?

Thanks

Cookie
12th May 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #2  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 48

284 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie12

Hi Guys,

Ive had my GPAD for about 2 months now, i came to use it today and the device was dead. Simple enough i thought the battery had just drained, however when i plugged it in to charge it just did a strange bootloop. The LG screen appeared a battery icon with 0% appeared and then instantly rebooted itself doing the same process over and over.

I thought if i left it for a bit it might need a charge before going any further i.e. battery was completely drained. I have left it for over and hour and its still doing the same thing. As soon as you unplug it from the mains it dies and wont turn on.

I'm assuming my battery has completely failed, has anyone else experienced this with this device. I've owned lots of phones and tablets over the years and have never known a battery fail like this before?

Thanks

Cookie

If it immediately gave a sign of life when you plugged it in, then it was not off. Power it off with the power button, then plug it in to charge. Try this also on your computer if that fails, and finally, treat it as if it were bricked and thus set it to Download mode, and try a recovery.
14th May 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie12

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Cookie

I just had the exact same problem myself.

I did use CM11. What did you use?

After going back to stock it worked fine. Now, I am just about to try cm11 again.
The Following User Says Thank You to cybercrash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Sorry for Kate reply, didn't really Jeep an eye on the thread as I thought it was just dead lol. I used madhi ROM which I think is cm11 based. I'll try and put it back to stock.

Thanks for your reply

Cookie

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
23rd May 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercrash

I just had the exact same problem myself.

I did use CM11. What did you use?

After going back to stock it worked fine. Now, I am just about to try cm11 again.

Finally got round to trying this and it worked. I'm now back to stock and its working perfectly again.

Thank you so much, i was so close to giving up on it lol

Cookie
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread