Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Display Comparsion XPERIA Z2 versus XPERIA Z1

Tip us?

Jozinek
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1884

DONATE TO ME
Default Display Comparsion XPERIA Z2 versus XPERIA Z1

Because i have two last Sony Mobile flagships at my hand, i try to make small comparsion of display these phones. On Sony XPERIA Z1 is display better than XPERIA Z, but much worse than XPERIA Z1 Compact. I was looking forward to this comparsion and results you can see below. Sony XPERIA Z2 have much better display than Z1 and it is best display in Sony Mobile portfolio in these times. Finally have Sony Mobile flagship delicious display...

If i help you, hit thx button. If i help you much, donate to buy new devices...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jozinek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oveler
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Z2 look like better than Z1

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1077

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozinek View Post
Because i have two last Sony Mobile flagships at my hand, i try to make small comparsion of display these phones. On Sony XPERIA Z1 is display better than XPERIA Z, but much worse than XPERIA Z1 Compact. I was looking forward to this comparsion and results you can see below. Sony XPERIA Z2 have much better display than Z1 and it is best display in Sony Mobile portfolio in these times. Finally have Sony Mobile flagship delicious display...

I'm sorry, but this test is some bull*hit. I'm using the Z1 and I've also gone to the sony center just to compare the display to the Z2 and yeah it is a bit better, but ONLY if you take a REALLY close look. It's not that different as you can see on this video/on those screenshots. Duh, I've even looked at my Z1 and set it up just like on the screens and it doesn't look anything like the unit that was used in the video...
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.08.2014
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

7sen
Old
Thanks Meter 167
😔 z1
Rom(AOSP) Tester For Honami JUST pm ME
Current device
SONY XPERIA Z1 ( BLACK ) + 32 SD ULTRA
Previous device
HTC ONE ( BLACK 32 GB ) = Status =MOTHERBOARD DEAD
Tablet
Pipo max-M1

raziel123
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Cool Z1 Vs Z2 DIsplay comparison

can someone compare the Z1 with Tuned White Balance and Colour Calibration Boost against the Z2?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=125

regards
Latest device :HTC One M7 MaximusHD 42 Snapdragon 600

Kernel : ElementalX 16

settings 384 mhz to 1.7 ghz, On-Demand Governor, GPU throttling off, Run cool thermal setting

Old device : Galaxy S2 sold! Xperia S Sold! Xperia SP Sold! S3 I9305 sold! Xperia Z1 sold!