Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 39,050 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bought ZU and im lost

Tip us?

LuckyStriker33
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Bought ZU and im lost

The last phone I had was a Xperia Arc and for a year I've been off from the android scene. Now Im back with ZU, and feel lost under the development sections.
- What is the difference between the "original android dev" vs "android dev"?
- Can anyone recommend me a ROM to start with? Just your preference.
- XArc had GB installed and now I see we cant move apps to sd (at least not the way it was done in GB). Are there any other big differences since GB?

Thanks all

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 937

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyStriker33 View Post
The last phone I had was a Xperia Arc and for a year I've been off from the android scene. Now Im back with ZU, and feel lost under the development sections.
I'll try and answer a few of these
Quote:
- What is the difference between the "original android dev" vs "android dev"?
original is if you have written the project, the other is if it is someone else's work. As an example I have ported Carbon and the PimpedKernel, in each of these I have only added a few lines of code to one or two files so I have posted them in android dev and given full credit. If I ever get a AOSP to build and boot with features I have pulled in from <insert best ROMs here> and my own code to glue it all together I'd probably post that under original section.
Quote:
- Can anyone recommend me a ROM to start with? Just your preference.
This depends what you want...
All the bells and whistles (many of which you may never use or only use once): Try PAC Man or PA
Slim and fast with just the best features: Carbon, SlimKat, LiquidSmooth, CM etc
Like Stock?... then: Keep Sony, Keep Sony and root it and install xposed, monx's ROM or RomAur

I'm biased towards Carbon as I'm building it for our community, but I really liked SlimKat and LiquidSmooth is also nice

Quote:
- XArc had GB installed and now I see we cant move apps to sd (at least not the way it was done in GB). Are there any other big differences since GB?

Thanks all
A few thing have changed with regards to SD cards in kk, have a search and read
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]