Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 40,331 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Better AT&T reception on a T-mobile handset?

Tip us?

rfb813
Old
Thanks Meter 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
I'll wait until the new modem is thoroughly tested with AT&T. It can't be that bad.
Download speeds went from 25+Mps to 1.5Mps.

MattMJB0188
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Wow. I'm glad I still have my original modem. I wonder why they would do that. Unless they don't want people taking their devices over to AT&T?

devoidx
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
Wow. I'm glad I still have my original modem. I wonder why they would do that. Unless they don't want people taking their devices over to AT&T?
We really don't know if this is really happening to everyone or it's an isolated case...so far it's only been the same couple people reporting it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devoidx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rfb813
Old
(Last edited by rfb813; 24th May 2014 at 01:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by devoidx View Post
We really don't know if this is really happening to everyone or it's an isolated case...so far it's only been the same couple people reporting it.
I reflashed the ANCH stock Rom and rerooted and am back on the ANCH modem. Got my speeds back up

This is not an isolated case. There are problems with the new Modem. Go to the Development section. Beanstown has a new thread with all the Modems, firmware, and stock roms.. Try different modems, many times they function differently by location.