[Q] Dual Screen Lock option.

23rd May 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49

222 posts
I've have the S2, the Note 2, the Note 10.1 2014, AT&T Note 3, Sprint Note 3, and I can't seem to do this with any device except the AT&T note 3. I tried to repeat it with my wife's Sprint Note 3 and I can not do it.

Basically under Device>Lock Screen, I can choose Swipe, Signature, Pattern, PIN, Password, None. If I choose Pattern, PIN, or Password, and set Secured lock time to say 30 minutes. Now if I press the power button to turn off the display, I can turn the display back on with the power or home button and as long as it is done within 30 minutes, I will not be greeted with a Pattern, PIN, or Password. BUT I am not greeted with an unlock screen either! I am greeted with a slide to unlock! This is very useful since I don't have to worry about accidentally use of the touch screen and the phone will only be Password, Pin, or Pattern lock only after 30 minutes of inactivity.

If I try this with any other Android device, I am greeted with a totally unlock screen. Which mean apps can be accidentally launch while in my pant pocket. I thought it was really weird but smart to implement it this way on the AT&T note 3. You have the benefit of a secured lock screen, but only after the set time, and you still maintain the easy to use slide to unlock option that prevents accidental touch screen use.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Sprint Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank