Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

From LG Optimus 2x to LG G2 : feedback

Tip us?

ixon2001
Old
(Last edited by ixon2001; 23rd May 2014 at 10:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 112
Depends what you do with your phone, if you game ect then having the best possible specs is always best.

But if you don't as shown with the recently released Moto E, it does all the basic task's just fine & quicker than the Galaxy S5, there is a video on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P9vDAY0U0A#t=140

To me it more important that a phone receives regular updates rather than all out specs.

The G2 as mentioned by other users on here has a few bugs with 4.4.2, as do other smartphones inc the Nexus 5, when 4.4.3 comes out hopefully this will fix alot of problems people have been having with 4.4.2, the G2 will get it.... at some point, but after that nothing else, will you be happy using your high end spec phone with no more support in the software, because they moved all their efforts onto the G3?, while the likes of the Nexus 5 & the Moto X,G & E will get 4.4.3 quickly and the next major android update later on in the year, while the G2 will probably stuck on 4.4.3.

salisbury_steak
Old
Thanks Meter 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixon2001 View Post
Depends what you do with your phone, if you game ect then having the best possible specs is always best.

But if you don't as shown with the recently released Moto E, it does all the basic task's just fine & quicker than the Galaxy S5, there is a video on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P9vDAY0U0A#t=140

To me it more important that a phone receives regular updates rather than all out specs.

The G2 as mentioned by other users on here has a few bugs with 4.4.2, as do other smartphones inc the Nexus 5, when 4.4.3 comes out hopefully this will fix alot of problems people have been having with 4.4.2, the G2 will get it.... at some point, but after that nothing else, will you be happy using your high end spec phone with no more support in the software, because they moved all their efforts onto the G3?, while the likes of the Nexus 5 & the Moto X,G & E will get 4.4.3 quickly and the next major android update later on in the year, while the G2 will probably stuck on 4.4.3.
G2 and Optimus 2X user here too.

The power button in my O2X is starting to act up (again, as I already had it replaced before).

It is a looovely jump. My O2X can barely multitask between browser and Play Store. I have downgraded my O2X to Gingerbread (Temasek's CM7 to be precise), and I just use it now as a bike computer (Strava app).

Before I got the G2, I actually told myself that I wanna try a Sony or an HTC or a Samsung (I havent tried any of their droids yet), but the knock on and slim bezels of the G2 just won me over.
Thank you for thanking!

LG G2 D802 ESA
ROM: Stock (4.4.2) rooted
LG Optimus 2X P990
ROM: CyanogenMod 7 Temasek Unofficial (2.3.7)
Recovery: CWM Recovery (6.0.2.5)

Acer Iconia Tab A510
ROM: Stock (4.1.2) rooted
Recovery: CWM Recovery (6.0.4.9)

Don't have Dropbox yet? Get an additional 500MB cloud storage free (on top of 2GB) by clicking this referral link!
The Following User Says Thank You to salisbury_steak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]