[Q] HTC One M7 RUU IMG Error

Search This thread

iAMuSIK

Apr 18, 2014
Hey guys,

I recently got S-Off on my device and downgraded my HBoot to 1.44 and changed to SuperCID 11111111

The RUU i downloaded is " Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU"

The reason i need to go back to stock to see if i can get my Wifi and Bluetooth to start working again since it's stuck in "turning on mode" I have tried flashing new roms, radios, kernals, factory reset etc. No idea why Wifi and Bluetooth stopped working i just woke up one morning and it wouldn't turn on.

For some reason when flashing this RUUi keep on getting 158 IMG error? I have tried running as admin, and making sure phone is in Fastboot USB but still wont work.

Which RUU should i try, any help would be awesome as i would love to get my Wifi and Bluetooth working again, here are my phones details.

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.401.12
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4079mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hey guys,

I recently got S-Off on my device and downgraded my HBoot to 1.44 and changed to SuperCID 11111111

The reason i need to go back to stock to see if i can get my Wifi and Bluetooth to start working again since it's stuck in "turning on mode" I have tried flashing new roms, radios, kernals, factory reset etc. No idea why Wifi and Bluetooth stopped working i just woke up one morning and it wouldn't turn on.

For some reason when flashing this RUUi keep on getting 158 IMG error? I have tried running as admin, and making sure phone is in Fastboot USB but still wont work.

Which RUU should i try, any help would be awesome as i would love to get my Wifi and Bluetooth working again, here are my phones details.

Thanks guys.

Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU
this ruu isn't for your phone at all !

You have a M7_UL (GSM) not a M7WLS (sprint CDMA) !!

What was your original CID?

Your main-ver is .401 so you probably need a .401 ruu

Reactions: SaHiLzZ

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011

Its a good thing that RUU check for MID/CID... or I can't imagine posts from the amount of mis-match flashing.. :cyclops:

alray

May 22, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: iAMuSIK

iAMuSIK

Apr 18, 2014
I was

I was under the impression that if i was S-OFF and had SuperCID that i could run any RUU.

I know there is no RUU for my device hence why i wanted to get S-OFF and SuperCID so i could try another RUU, so this is not possible?

I have the nandroid backup for my device but when i flashed it Wifi and Bluetooth would still not work. Looks like i might have to send it into the shop for repairs.

alray

May 22, 2012
I was under the impression that if i was S-OFF and had SuperCID that i could run any RUU.

Not ANY ruu! Only RUU for M7_UL models. CID and MID must match the ruu (can be easily changed to match RUU with s-off)

M7WLS is a different phone and flashing things for the WLS variant on your UL variant WILL brick your phone.

BTW Never flash things to your phone ''under the impression'' it is ok, read carefully and ask questions ;)

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

@iAMuSIK
now you could try the 1.28.401.7 ruu
Be sure the MD5 value match the downloaded RUU: 2fd46305b6080830e2ca27a080999b93

fastboot oem writecid HTC__001
change MID to PN0710000 using this tool
then run the ruu

Never s-on
and stay bootloader unlocked for now

if your issue persist, your phone is hardware damaged and you will need to send it back for repair.

Last edited:

iAMuSIK

Apr 18, 2014
Not ANY ruu! Only RUU for M7_UL models. CID and MID must match the ruu (can be easily changed to match RUU with s-off)

M7WLS is a different phone and flashing things for the WLS variant on your UL variant WILL brick your phone.

BTW Never flash things to your phone ''under the impression'' it is ok, read carefully and ask questions ;)

I thought i did read everything, which obviously i missed a few parts. Since the nandroid backup didn't work ill take defeat and accept my Wifi and Bluetooth is possibly a hardware issue. Can't send phone in for warrenty since its "Rooted" so hopefully i can find a good repair center around my part of town.

alray

May 22, 2012
I thought i did read everything, which obviously i missed a few parts. Since the nandroid backup didn't work ill take defeat and accept my Wifi and Bluetooth is possibly a hardware issue. Can't send phone in for warrenty since its "Rooted" so hopefully i can find a good repair center around my part of town.

try what I said above (post edited)

Reactions: iAMuSIK

iAMuSIK

Apr 18, 2014

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

@iAMuSIK
Be sure the MD5 value match the downloaded RUU: 2fd46305b6080830e2ca27a080999b93

then run the ruu

Never s-on

if your issue persist, your phone is hardware damaged and you will need to send it back for repair.

Just saw your added info, thanks a lot mate. Will give his a try today and report back if it works, fingers crossed!

iAMuSIK

Apr 18, 2014

@iAMuSIK

then run the ruu

Never s-on

Just in the middle of doing this process now and im getting a error when trying to write CID.

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot oem writecid H
TC_001
(bootloader) fail: [writecid] Invalid cid
OKAY [ 0.013s]
finished. total time: 0.014s

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>

EDIT: 2 underscores and not 1 lol.

Last edited:

iAMuSIK

Apr 18, 2014
So

@alray

So finally got the RUU but still not Wifi and Bluetooth working. Hardware issue it is. Thanks a lot for the help in getting this to work bud :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Thanks guys.

Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_4.06.651.4_RUU

@iAMuSIK

From this thread:

You:
    My HTC is a M7 on Optus Australia network.
    so your cid was probably OPTUS001 and you need a .980 version

LS.xD:
    Seems as there is no matching RUU

You:
    So there is no Ruu for my phones carrier which does suck.

So why did you attempted to flash an incompatible RUU even if you already know there is none compatible for your phone? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

try what I said above (post edited)