Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 53,290 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 mini LTE flashed with KK then reverted to JB, internet connectivity limited

Tip us?

Karlovsky120
Old
(Last edited by Karlovsky120; 22nd May 2014 at 02:24 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S4 mini LTE flashed with KK then reverted to JB, internet connectivity limited

So, I rooted my S4 Mini LTE. then I flashed it with KK version of Carbon Rom (not intended). I have then reflashed it to Carbon rom JB version. Everything seems to be working except the data connection. It works sometimes, but more often not. I have reflashed it to Pacman, available here, internet connectivity is still the same...

The fact that it sometimes works excludes a lot of things. APN is fine, I checked it and it wouldn't work at all otherwise. Could it be that I messed something up when I flashed it with KK rom?

What could I do to fix it?
I'll try unrooting it and returning to stock to see if it will fix it, but I have my doubts....

Do you have any suggestions? All I want is my data connections working reliably again, device rooted or not...

EDIT:
I have reverted my phone to stock. It's the same as it was when I got it, except for thw KNOX and warranty part. Since my warranty is void anyway, it's really a shame to use stock rom with all the crapware on it.

Do you have any ideas that would cause mobile data to work on stock, but not on any other rom?

djtyta
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlovsky120 View Post

Do you have any ideas that would cause mobile data to work on stock, but not on any other rom?
Maybe your KK ROM was made from ROM with modem that was intended for other country. Often modems, intended for one country/region, work badly or don`t work in other countries due to differences in service providers' settings.

Karlovsky120
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtyta View Post
Maybe your KK ROM was made from ROM with modem that was intended for other country. Often modems, intended for one country/region, work badly or don`t work in other countries due to differences in service providers' settings.
How can I check that? Is there anything I can do to fix it?