Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 43,964 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sim card randomly dropping out.....? Sim not found...

Tip us?

trook
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayle007 View Post
Same here in San Diego. NO preparing sim card message for 1 full day now. I think it was a network issue. What was interesting is that my phone lost root access when the network went down. I had to reinstall superSu to get root back. Weird.
That's crazy

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
Hash for President

Napoleones
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidkevlar View Post
So all my issues are gone now. Hangouts working correctly too. Think it was a network issue. Were all of u in Cali?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Yeah. I think it's network issue. How many days did it happen?

droidkevlar
Old
Thanks Meter 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleones View Post
Yeah. I think it's network issue. How many days did it happen?
At least 3 days of weirdness for me. I'm now back to getting amazing battery life.

Current Device: LG G3 r00ted

InsertCoin M8 SVN Builds - Click Here
Mirror for InsertCoin M8 Builds - Click Here

InsertCoin M8 SVN Update Only files - Click Here

Div033
Old
Thanks Meter 266
I've been having an issue lately where the Sim card becomes undetectable and I lose all network access til I eject the Sim card and re-insert it. Very annoying and dangerous while driving. It just happened while I was writing this post in fact.

I am uncertain as to why this is happening... I just took a look at the Sim card and noticed it had some smudges on it possibly from the initial install but I did drop the phone once and am wondering if it impacted the Sim card area and it's now fubared... I dunno, hopefully wiping it down good will prevent any future instances but... We'll see. I just put on my tempered glass protector so if I have to get a replacement I'll be pretty unhappy.

Device: HTC One M8 (VZW)
ROM: CleanROM
Retired Devices: Samsung Galaxy S III (VZW), HTC Droid Incredible

Div033
Old
Thanks Meter 266
Follow up: I did have the issue again. I think it's a connection issue with the sim. I took the tray out, physically bent it just a little to angle the tray DOWN in an attempt to improve the contact of the sim with the phone. It seems to have worked as I haven't had an issue since.

The tray is made of a very durable metal so bending it is very hard. The bend I made is not noticeable, but I notice that when inserted it sits slightly different along the edge. That tiny bit of extra pressure connecting the phone with the sim seems to have corrected it.

Device: HTC One M8 (VZW)
ROM: CleanROM
Retired Devices: Samsung Galaxy S III (VZW), HTC Droid Incredible

chiilguy
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Preparing sim card

Hey folks, I just thought I would share my experience even tho my M8 is stock on T-Mobile. I started to randomly get the "preparing sim card" message, often times when downloading multiple updates from Google Play. I read thru all the forums and tried taking out the sim, cleaning it, and putting a thin layer of tape on the top so that it fits more securely in the sim tray slot. This helped for a while and then the problem returned. After reading further forum posts, I disabled the "My.T-Mobile" app and other T-mo related apps; so far this has seemed to fix the issue. Try as I might I have not been able to get the error again (hope I am not jixing myself) I know you guys are Verizon but that they have similar apps... It may be worth a try to disable them and see. I love the phone but the error was really buggin me. Hope this may help someone.