Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 51,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need to factory reset with broken screen

Tip us?
 
adfurgerson
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 577
Posts: 1,592
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-5 View Post
I can see the screen. It shows just fine. I just can't control the phone. The touch on screen stopped working. Can't get passed the lock screen. can't do anything.

The keyboard thing would work. but rather try the google device "erase" phone option. trying to avoid buying things to clear the phone to sell it for parts.

Wonder if a usb coupler would work... use the keyboard and the stock usb cable. Hmmmm.....
I am pretty sure you need an "otg" cable with pin 4 jumpered to pin 5.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1828032
You should be able to skip the powered part from what I gathered watching YouTube I posted earlier.
 
Wolf-5
Old
#12  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jutley View Post
Sure you can do a factory reset using adb commands google it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277765

I can't access the phone at all. It requires me to be in the OS to "allow" the PC to see the phone. I can see the in the notification area of the phone in the lock screen that the phone is waiting to give permission. But no screen function, no getting past lock screen.

Unless I am mistaken that there is no need to grant the PC permission to see the phone.
 
Wolf-5
Old
#13  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson View Post
I am pretty sure you need an "otg" cable with pin 4 jumpered to pin 5.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1828032
You should be able to skip the powered part from what I gathered watching YouTube I posted earlier.
Your right.
I ordered the OTG cable from amazon. it is just under $4 and I have prime so I will get it saturday (2 days). I will do the Google erase and see if that works.

Will report both once done. I will test the cable even if the Google method works and let you guys know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolf-5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
LordManhattan
Old
#14  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5648
Posts: 15,002
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kepler-34b
W..wh...why don't you just flash a stock FTF in Flashtool? Kick it into Flashmode (VOL DOWN + Connect it through USB) and hit the road, Jimmy. No need to touch the screen, and Flashtool will wipe everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
adfurgerson
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 577
Posts: 1,592
Join Date: Jan 2011
Hey @Wolf-5 ^^^^^ look up there, hopefully you have notifications on.
 
Wolf-5
Old
#16  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2013
I Really want to try keyboard approach first. Will allow me to get pics from phone that are in internal memory.
Then curious to try the Google erase phone. Never know when phone gets lost or stole. Good to see how it works.
 
LordManhattan
Old
#17  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5648
Posts: 15,002
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kepler-34b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-5 View Post
I Really want to try keyboard approach first. Will allow me to get pics from phone that are in internal memory.
Then curious to try the Google erase phone. Never know when phone gets lost or stole. Good to see how it works.
Alright, but you're doing it the hard way. To get to your stuff, use a OTG adapter and a mouse. I've used it several times just for fun and it works perfect. No need to connect a whole keyboard.
 
Wolf-5
Old
#18  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
Alright, but you're doing it the hard way. To get to your stuff, use a OTG adapter and a mouse. I've used it several times just for fun and it works perfect. No need to connect a whole keyboard.
Your right thats what i meant. Just mouse.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes