Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 52,279 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 Charger Issue

Tip us?

TheKeyboardWarrior
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default S4 Charger Issue

So recently my S4 has been charging incredibly slowly, I decided to install a quick app (Galaxy Charging Current) to monitor the current output from my charger. I'm using the standard S4 charger that came with it which is supposed to deliver around 2.1A. I do understand that it'll never deliver quite as much as 2.1A due to current drop in the cable etc, but I was shocked to see 300mA being delivered to my phone which would take hours and hours to charge my phone to completion. In fact, I left my phone on charge overnight from about 15% and woke up 9 hours later to 53%, in the battery settings it showed the charge decreasing and increasing by increments.
And so I believed that something with the charger was wrong, so the first thing I did was try out two different USB cables for my charger and then test to see if the current had changed, it had not it was still at 300mA. I ended up buying a new stock S4 charger but the issue persists. However, with this new charger it outputs 1890mA at times, but then drops to 300mA randomly for periods of time. I've tried different wall sockets as well.

Anyone else had anything similar or could offer advice on why this is and how I can change it?

TheKeyboardWarrior
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Bump. Issue still persists.

speedwayfan75
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1601

DONATE TO ME
Hi, take out your battery and look at the serial number. if it starts with BD and maybe looks swollen, its faulty. Samsung will replace it with a new one for free.

TheKeyboardWarrior
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedwayfan75 View Post
Hi, take out your battery and look at the serial number. if it starts with BD and maybe looks swollen, its faulty. Samsung will replace it with a new one for free.
It isn't the swollen battery issue I'm afraid, already checked.

Also: the phone charges at 1800mA sometimes and then sometimes I see this, it's driving me insane not being able to charge properly

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk