Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 44,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does KitKat have an Android System/Wake lock issue?

Tip us?

Joe0113
Old
(Last edited by Joe0113; 22nd April 2014 at 03:03 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1578

DONATE TO ME
Default Does KitKat have an Android System/Wake lock issue?

Orrrr is it just me... 5,626 wake locks.

EDIT: Hmmm just checked my GS4 (which is on KK) and the same thing is going on..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gesa7yru.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	2701760   Click image for larger version

Name:	6yzuta9y.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	2701761  
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v1
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel
Theme: Click Ui (Nova theme)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe0113 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GoldenHind
Old
(Last edited by GoldenHind; 22nd May 2014 at 11:09 PM.) Reason: Typo
Thanks Meter 2
Battery Full To bloat or not to bloat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113 View Post
Orrrr is it just me... 5,626 wake locks.

EDIT: Hmmm just checked my GS4 (which is on KK) and the same thing is going on..

I'd been really wondering about this as well. I noticed your post in the main Rom thread about good battery life with many or most of the Samsung apps removed, did that affect how many Android System wake locks you've been getting as well? Do you have any of the system apps still running? I ask because I'd love to optimize my battery life, but there's still a few things I'd rather keep on it, as long as they're not the cause of some big issue that's preventing phone from sleeping or otherwise doing whatever it needs to to have such great battery life.

I'd also seem on another forum that for some, keeping all the apps and not even freezing any of them had actually turned out the best battery life overall, so that really had me puzzled. Thanks in advance for any advice you have.

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: R.D.D.T v1.0 - VPU1AND2
Kernel: The Governaa_NCB_v1.0@ #1
Baseband version: G900PVPU1AND2

Joe0113
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1578

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenHind View Post
I'd been really wondering about this as well. I noticed your post in the main Rom thread about good battery life with many or most of the Samsung apps removed, did that affect how many Android System wake locks you've been getting as well? Do you have any of the system apps still running? I ask because I'd love to optimize my battery life, but there's still a few things I'd rather keep on it, as long as they're not the cause of some big issue that's preventing phone from sleeping or otherwise doing whatever it needs to to have such great battery life.

I'd also seem on another forum that for some, keeping all the apps and not even freezing any of them had actually turned out the best battery life overall, so that really had me puzzled. Thanks in advance for any advice you have.

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: R.D.D.T v1.0 - VPU1AND2
Kernel: The Governaa_NCB_v1.0@ #1
Baseband version: G900PVPU1AND2
Honestly I'm just as puzzled about it as you and everyone else is lol. Supposedly Android 4.4.3 (unreleased and unannounced) has fixed it.

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v1
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel
Theme: Click Ui (Nova theme)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!

luigi311
Old
(Last edited by luigi311; 24th May 2014 at 01:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 270
Scroll to the right on the wakelock manager. If its alarmmanager it has to do with how android is managing schedules, it keeps the device awake so it can launch the task and wake the device http://developer.android.com/referen...rmManager.html there's more info on it. There are currently more effective ways to handle this and android has implemented this just need developers to change to the new methods

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk