AOSP 4.4.2 ROMs GPS problems

23rd May 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91

131 posts
GPS doesn't work on any KitKat ROMs that I've flashed, but works fine on 4.3 stock, viper, Y18 and sense 5.5.

I feel like I must be the only one who had this issue because nobody else seems to be complaining about it.

At the same time it seems like since I've had this problem on every single one of the 15+ KitKat ROMs, that its got to be happening to others too.

Ideas?

New partitions, fire water s-off, 2.10.0000 HBOOT, running TWRP 2.7.0.8b.

Sent from my EVO using telepathic awesomeness
23rd May 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 1,919

3,592 posts
Donate to Me
More
Seemed to be a fairly common issue with AOSP. Make a backup of your current setup. Flash back to a Sense ROM, turn GPS on and get a good lock. Once you've done this, leave GPS on and restore your AOSP ROM. Furthermore, you can also use an app like GPS Status to clear your A-GPS data. See if any of that helps. I haven't used any AOSP ROM's on the new partition setup but the fix I listed seemed to have worked for quite a few folks on the old setup running various AOSP ROM's.

Sent from my HTC device
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91

131 posts
Makes no sense to me whatsoever, but it worked! Thanks!

Sent from my EVO using telepathic awesomeness
24th May 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 380

170 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer

Seemed to be a fairly common issue with AOSP. Make a backup of your current setup. Flash back to a Sense ROM, turn GPS on and get a good lock. Once you've done this, leave GPS on and restore your AOSP ROM. Furthermore, you can also use an app like GPS Status to clear your A-GPS data. See if any of that helps. I haven't used any AOSP ROM's on the new partition setup but the fix I listed seemed to have worked for quite a few folks on the old setup running various AOSP ROM's.

Sent from my HTC device

YUP! Whenever I get a complaint about GPS on any AOSP roms I suggest the Sense Lock trick. It will work for some time afterward but sooner or later you will need to do it again. I can confirm this works on the new partition format AOSP roms. At least the ones I work on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread