Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't root, no matter what!!

Tip us?

butthurtlocker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Can't root, no matter what!!

I am haviing a terrible time with this Rogers Razr HD XT925 I bought used. It's running Android 4.1.2, System Version: 98.21. I've tried everything to root and I just cannot get a pass. It also has a problem where, when I factory reset it through the settings I end up in a boot loop, unless I manualy go into the recovery and reset from there. In addition, when I've tried things like Razr Utility and it reboots my phone when trying to push superuser, it also boot loops till i factory reset from stock recovery. Anyone, know what I could do? I'd like to get root and flash Safestrap or any other recovery thatll work with my Locked Bootloader

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by butthurtlocker View Post
I am haviing a terrible time with this Rogers Razr HD XT925 I bought used. It's running Android 4.1.2, System Version: 98.21. I've tried everything to root and I just cannot get a pass. It also has a problem where, when I factory reset it through the settings I end up in a boot loop, unless I manualy go into the recovery and reset from there. In addition, when I've tried things like Razr Utility and it reboots my phone when trying to push superuser, it also boot loops till i factory reset from stock recovery. Anyone, know what I could do? I'd like to get root and flash Safestrap or any other recovery thatll work with my Locked Bootloader
have you tried the moto site to unlock the bootloader?
i thought most 925's could be unlocked using that.

safestrap roms are very limited, and likely further limited because you have a 925 vs 926
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 425
And just to stop the flood of inevitable questions that I KNOW will come because of this:

NO! You cannot unlock the XT926 with the XT925 unlocker.

So don't ask, please!
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast

peladoro
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Just unlock the bootloader...use Rosenberg's tool. Worked perfectly never had a problem with it. I have same device xt925 rogers

Sent from my RAZR HD using XDA Free mobile app