Ask a question

No registration required

Can't root, no matter what!!

OP butthurtlocker

23rd May 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

358 posts
I am haviing a terrible time with this Rogers Razr HD XT925 I bought used. It's running Android 4.1.2, System Version: 98.21. I've tried everything to root and I just cannot get a pass. It also has a problem where, when I factory reset it through the settings I end up in a boot loop, unless I manualy go into the recovery and reset from there. In addition, when I've tried things like Razr Utility and it reboots my phone when trying to push superuser, it also boot loops till i factory reset from stock recovery. Anyone, know what I could do? I'd like to get root and flash Safestrap or any other recovery thatll work with my Locked Bootloader
24th May 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 787

1,740 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by butthurtlocker

I am haviing a terrible time with this Rogers Razr HD XT925 I bought used. It's running Android 4.1.2, System Version: 98.21. I've tried everything to root and I just cannot get a pass. It also has a problem where, when I factory reset it through the settings I end up in a boot loop, unless I manualy go into the recovery and reset from there. In addition, when I've tried things like Razr Utility and it reboots my phone when trying to push superuser, it also boot loops till i factory reset from stock recovery. Anyone, know what I could do? I'd like to get root and flash Safestrap or any other recovery thatll work with my Locked Bootloader

have you tried the moto site to unlock the bootloader?
i thought most 925's could be unlocked using that.

safestrap roms are very limited, and likely further limited because you have a 925 vs 926
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #3  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 475

1,422 posts
More
And just to stop the flood of inevitable questions that I KNOW will come because of this:

NO! You cannot unlock the XT926 with the XT925 unlocker.

So don't ask, please!
24th May 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

91 posts
Just unlock the bootloader...use Rosenberg's tool. Worked perfectly never had a problem with it. I have same device xt925 rogers

Sent from my RAZR HD using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread