Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom ROM & samsung apps etc help

Tip us?

rash.m2k
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Custom ROM & samsung apps etc help

Hi all,

I've just bought a note 2014 edition, upgrade from the Note 10.1.

I am not going to make the same mistake and leave my new tablet as stock (my note 10.1 is laggy as hell - yet its supposed to be a quad core super fast tablet with 2GB ram!). So to that end I'm going to put a custom rom on it (not my first time doing this - simple linux/windows commands I'm very comfortable with).

So my questions are:

1 - Can i install samsung apps (like samsung hub, learning etc) on the custom rom and have my tablet recognised as a samsung device so I receive updates for these apps? (I don't get these from google play store).

2 - Which is the most stable rom you guys have tried and recommend?

3 - Will the multi window still work (I want to be able to use it for all apps)

4 - How will the new rom behave with the S-Pen? It is still detected once it is removed and popup appears?

5 - I really want to ensure I keep the s-note app so would deffo want that to be kept up to date

Thanks in advance folks!

lecorbusier
Old
Thanks Meter 14
It even has 3gb of Ram!
After I bought the Note last november, I was irritated to find out that there wasn't yet a single custom rom for this relatively popular gadget. A situation which hasn't changed in the meantime. And in a couple of months the device will be EOL and the user base will start to shrink, probably faster, if there's still not a single custom rom then.