Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unique downgrade situation

OP clintbxtreme

24th May 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have a Verizon SCH-I605 Note 2. I rooted and unlocked the boot loader when it was on 4.1.2. I have since then flashed 4.3 Roms through TWRP and because of that, it didn't install KNOX at all.
I was having issues with the Bluetooth and WiFi radios recently. Randomly they would stop working and not turn on at all. The toggles would turn light green and act like they were gong to turn on but didnt. They just turned grey again. Then a few hours to a day later they would randomly work and turn on and work. Then randomly they wouldn't work again. I tried to see if there was a pattern to when they would stop working but there wasn't.

At first I thought it was an app that I had installed that was causing it. So I flashed the same and other roms after wiping "everything". That would seem to work for a while but soon it happened again. It even did it without installing any additional apps after flashing. I decided to flash the stock rooted 4.3 OTA. That didn't work either. I then decided to flash stock and unrooted 4.3 using mobile Odin and inject superuser and mobile Odin. Right of the bat WiFi and Bluetooth didn't work. I am ALMOST convinced that it is hardware related now. Any thoughts on what would be causing it?

Also when I flashed it stock and unrooted with mobile odin, It kept root but I lost TWRP. And when I boot into download mode, it doesn't show the KNOX counter line at all so i am assuming that it didnt install it. Is it possible to flash back stock to 4.1.2 with odin and then re root and unlock the boot loader? Or is there another way to get TWRP back?

Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread