Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 38,403 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] De-Register a device from Samsung HUB Account

Tip us?

NightOrchid
Old
(Last edited by NightOrchid; 24th May 2014 at 03:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default [Q] De-Register a device from Samsung HUB Account

Ive just got my 2nd Note 3, which the first was returned with a faulty camera.

However, I cant use Samsung Hub due to the fact that I have more than 5 devices registered within the last 90 days and I cant deregister any one of them. I have had a run of bad luck since xmas and a few faulty S4s and now 2 N3s. My Samsung and play store accounts both work fine and I can log into my Samsung/allshare account via the Web, but i just cant use Samsung Hub, due to 5 devices limit Im surprised.. this seems a bit crazy.

Can anyone advise me how to deregister one of my old S4s or who i need to contact.

Thanks

NightOrchid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default SOLVED!

Ive solved it and I wanted to share the solution with the community because its stupidly buried....

You need to goto "Samsung Link" web page, not your samsung account and login with your normal samsung account user and pass you set up for your phone/Tab.

I cant quite remember how I got this, but you need get too Samsung apps and you should get a "my device" and a picture of your device on the top left. Click on the very small settings cog next to the words "main device".

Click the end tab "my device", scroll to the bottom of the list and click "Modify" and just uncheck every device youve sold or dont use and click "Update".. and there you go.. all your slots back that your not using.

I hope that helps someone.. but like i say... you may have to dig through the site a little,.. to find the "my device" page.

Good Luck