Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,664 Members 42,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

have a question about boot unlocking for note 2 on verizon

Tip us?

d73jester
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default have a question about boot unlocking for note 2 on verizon

i recent relieved my phone from a boot loop and have reinstalled stock rom. i am running android version 4.1.1 and baseband version VRAMC3. well here is my question, this version is rooted and i want to unlock the bootloader so i can install custom roms. Can i use casual to unlock the bootloader with it being rooted already?

thanks

mattnmag
Old
(Last edited by mattnmag; 24th May 2014 at 04:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 42
@d73jester

This is just my 2 cents, but if I were you, I would probably ODIN to factory stock 4.1.2 VRAMC3. Then, you should be able to use Adam Outler's Casual to root and unlock bootloader all in one step. I see where you had commented in this thread.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52880198

You should be able to use the same links as well, as long as you never took the 4.3 OTA and permanently locked your bootloader.

I'm not familiar with the process of unlocking bootloader on 4.1.1, so not able to provide help there. I would guess that if you read through old threads, you can find something on it.

Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

edit-- I looked at Droidstyle's guide again and he said that flashing root66 does not lock your bootloader again. So... sounds like you don't need to try unlock the bootloader as long as you never took 4.3 OTA and had the bootloader unlocked before ODIN'ing to 4.1.1/Root66.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Devices:
Verizon Samsung Note II & Sony Xperia Play R800x

Past Devices:
Verizon Samsung S3
Verizon Droid Charge
Asus TF201