Ask a question

No registration required

Replacement digitizer/LCD and housing

OP stumark

5th May 2014, 10:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

37 posts
Hi all, apologies if this has been covered, I did a search but didn't find anything.

I have an HTC one with a cracked digitizer and I am planning on trying to fix it myself (I like a challenge!)

However, I am struggling with which parts to buy. I live in UK and all of the sellers on eBay seem to be on Hong Kong or China and the parts do not seem to be OEM. I am concerned about the quality of non-OEM parts.

Does anyone know of some genuine sellers in the UK/Europe? If you know of somewhere better in the US then I'm happy to pay postage as long as it's genuine.

Also, there are a lot of listings for digitizer only - I cannot find any recorded method of removing the digitizer from the LCD so I assume I should stay clear of them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stuart

Sent from my Razr i using xda-developers app
5th May 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #2  
Flag Borger
Thanks Meter: 75

206 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumark

Hi all, apologies if this has been covered, I did a search but didn't find anything.

I have an HTC one with a cracked digitizer and I am planning on trying to fix it myself (I like a challenge!)

However, I am struggling with which parts to buy. I live in UK and all of the sellers on eBay seem to be on Hong Kong or China and the parts do not seem to be OEM. I am concerned about the quality of non-OEM parts.

Does anyone know of some genuine sellers in the UK/Europe? If you know of somewhere better in the US then I'm happy to pay postage as long as it's genuine.

Also, there are a lot of listings for digitizer only - I cannot find any recorded method of removing the digitizer from the LCD so I assume I should stay clear of them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stuart

Sent from my Razr i using xda-developers app

Find a HTC Carepoint. They have them but i don't know if they sel them. A repair ad mine shop wil cost you €240,-
6th May 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #3  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 162

714 posts
More
@stumark man that's gonna be a tough thing to find. In order to get original parts your either going to have to get it to a HTC repair shop or buy an m7 for parts and rip of the front housing. I just bought the full housing so I can change mine from silver to black but I have not seen any official screens. I can give you the links to some I found in the US if you want tho.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to bor3d2damax For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bor3d2damax

@stumark man that's gonna be a tough thing to find. In order to get original parts your either going to have to get it to a HTC repair shop or buy an m7 for parts and rip of the front housing. I just bought the full housing so I can change mine from silver to black but I have not seen any official screens. I can give you the links to some I found in the US if you want tho.

I assumed that I would need to buy the full housing but I cannot find one that seems genuine. So if you have found some that you know are genuine then some links would be great, thanks
6th May 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

43 posts
Etradesupply.com

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to 5odead For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bor3d2damax

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm interested in doing the same- changing from silver to black. I'm curious how did it go, did you manage to swap the casing/display without damaging it? I saw some vids on YouTube about it.. looks pretty messy..
21st May 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #7  
Flag Reeuwijk

78 posts
More
I bought my housing from this guy http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Sil...item51b4c6527e
U think it only can be original if it comes from us or uk? where do you think this is made?
The Following User Says Thank You to keesmathot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #8  
Flag Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks Meter: 13

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5odead

Etradesupply.com

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

I'd recommend etradesupply.com also. Bought iPhone replacement digitizer there and it worked awesome.

The Following User Says Thank You to freshlimes For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread