[ROM] SlimFast 4.3 TW [Updated 5/10/14- Fixed Speakerphone etc]

OP Mikekelso421

19th May 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 29

115 posts
Ok so then I guess im confused, if I have mobile data off I can still receive calls and regular texts because voice data would still be on correct? It would also save battery to keep it off if I have a solid Wifi connection? Thanks for your time answering these questions.
19th May 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #42  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 27

216 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikekelso421

...Toggling off the data shuts the antenna off so it can't receive a data signal...

No offense meant and it may just be due to imprecise wording, but this is plain wrong.
Toggling data off forces a disconnect _from the data network_ but the phones remains attached to what ever cellular network it uses for voice and SMS so you can still make and receive voice calls and SMS. Anything data, on the other hand, will have to go through WiFi if available.
20th May 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 51

162 posts
Ohhhhh my god this runs amazing I dont know why I waited to flash. Thank you Dev!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
20th May 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #44  
OP Senior Member
Flag Port St Lucie,FL
Thanks Meter: 448

518 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieGom

No offense meant and it may just be due to imprecise wording, but this is plain wrong.
Toggling data off forces a disconnect _from the data network_ but the phones remains attached to what ever cellular network it uses for voice and SMS so you can still make and receive voice calls and SMS. Anything data, on the other hand, will have to go through WiFi if available.

wrong wording.lol i made it sound like it was in airplane mode.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikekelso421 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #45  
Flag Ottawa, On
Thanks Meter: 23

100 posts
Anyone else having trouble with GPS?. Never ran into this problem before so not sure how to fix it. I flashed again as per OP's instructions but still not getting a GPS lock. I understand the first time takes a long time but I was outside for 3 hours trying to get a lock. Any help would be appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to shadow_cruiser For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #46  
OP Senior Member
Flag Port St Lucie,FL
Thanks Meter: 448

518 posts
More
Download a GPS fix app on the market and try a couple to see if it'll find a lock.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
24th May 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 4

39 posts
Link not working... MediaFire must be having issues because the link for your 4.4 SlimFast is having the same problem. Hopefully it will be resolved soon! Thanks for the ROM in advance!

Edit: Never mind, worked fine through my phones browser. Must be an issue I'm having with the desktop !
Last edited by ikylilboy; 27th May 2014 at 01:21 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fast, rom, slim, speed, stock
Previous Thread Next Thread